Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies - Detroit, MI – hfascs.org
Are you committed to dramatically changing the trajectory of young peoples’ lives?
Are you skilled in achieving outstanding learning outcomes?
Are you excited to work as part of a high-performing collaborative team?
The world is in need of creative problem solvers, innovative thinkers who can produce new ideas and come up with new solutions. Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies is Detroit’s premier art and design middle/high school, where young people develop the foundation they need to be successful in college and dynamic careers, including those in art and design.
We’re on the lookout for a highly skilled, energetic and committed colleague who seeks to join an organization focused on promoting high quality learning for our students. We’re passionate about building and maintaining a high performing team to support the achievement of game-changing results – for our students, their families, and the community at large.
Become part of our team and help make a difference.
Henry Ford Academy: School for Creative Studies is an innovative 6-12th grade public school academy chartered by Grand Valley State University. It is a collaboration with the world-reknowned College for Creative Studies and is located in the beautifully renovated Taubman Center in midtown Detroit.
The Middle School Math Interventionist is a highly skilled professional who will work closely grade level Math teachers to accelerate the rate of growth for students who struggle to mastery Math concepts and skills.
• Teaching – collaborate with grade level Math teachers and Special Education staff, where relevant, to plan and implement lessons focused on specific student needs, work with small groups and individual students in regular class studios, utilize data to drive and teaching strategy decisions, maintain records of student progress
• School Culture – establish positive, collaborative relationships with students, families and colleagues, clearly communicate care and support for all students, hold high expectations for the academic performance and personal behavior of all students, actively support the implementation of all school policies and procedures
• Communication – maintain all required databases, share student progress information with students, their families and all relevant colleagues, use established communication channels to surface concerns and issues that need attention
• Professional Development – fully participate in professional development workshops and sessions provided by HFA: SCS, contribute data and ideas to teaching teams to strengthen learning outcomes for all students, reflect upon teaching practice and set improvement goals for increased professional effectiveness
Our next team member must have
– Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree
– Michigan Department of Education certification in Math
– 3-5 years Math teaching experience
– Proven record of results in achieving strong Math outcomes
– The willingness to do whatever it takes to implement the mission and vision of HFA: SCS
Our next team member should demonstrate
– Ability to communicate clearly and perform at a high level under pressure
– Ability to work efficiently both as a team member and as a leader
– Understanding of Common Core Math Standards
– Knowledge of effective teaching strategies
Reports to Principal, HFA: SCS
Competitive Compensation Package that includes comprehensive, competitive benefits (health, dental, vision, FSA, short/long term disability, 403b match).
To apply for this
position, please complete our online application. Please combine all references,
resumes, and teacher certificates into one file for upload during application.
Henry Ford Learning Institute is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, marital status, height, weight, age, unrelated disability or other legally protected