Company: Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. We are consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world. Delkin isn’t just another flash storage SSD provider. We are an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer exclusively focused on non-volatile storage solution requirements for application-specific embedded, industrial OEMs. Utilizing controlled configurations, life-cycle management, product customization, and an outstanding USA-based design, manufacturing, and support team, Delkin delivers exactly the right products needed by OEMs for embedded and industrial applications.
Summary: This Engineer will have experience with Quality, Process and Reliability Engineering. This role will analyze business methods to find efficient alternatives and will be responsible for delivering regular recommendations on how to maintain staff levels and lower costs, while meeting all of the quality standards set forth by the company. This Engineer will work with the quality team, and process and product stakeholders, to develop, implement, execute, and improve the Quality Management System to drive improvements in product quality consistent with the needs of the company’s customers. This role will also be responsible for developing, implementing and managing a functional Reliability Program for the company, and will work with others to support the factory manufacturing processes for Delkin, including production, product manufacturability, quality and reliability. This Engineer will be a motivated individual capable of improving quality performance and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use Engineering Principles to analyze workflows within and across all the manufacturing areas to determine how they can better work together.
- Develop, implement and manage a Reliability Program with ongoing improvements and testing, with the goal of improving the company’s products and manufacturing processes.
- Learn and understand all facets of product performance with the goal of setting performance benchmarks and verifying product suitability for different use models.
- Assist with the development and implementation of manufacturing methods to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Supplier management/oversight.
- Other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar technical field is required.
- At least 8 years’ experience in Quality and/or Reliability Engineering, with business process engineering experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as Pareto, Ishikawa/fishbone, SPC, or other monitoring or root cause analysis investigative tools.
- Effective problem solving and root cause analysis skills to drive change and cross functionality.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, schematics, prints, etc.
- Solid technical writing skills, with ability to write clear and concise procedures and work instructions.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Six Sigma certification is required.
- Computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).
- Experience working in the electronics industry is required, preferably in the manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the electronics manufacturing industry highly preferred.
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is preferred.
- Experience in Supplier Quality Engineering is considered a plus.
- Experience in light machine shop work (for fixture development) is a plus.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior office and lab work environments, with some time spent on a factory floor.
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise and variations in temperature if in the factory but will not exceed OSHA TWA limit.
- Light machine shop work may be required.
- Position will be regularly required to talk and hear, walk, sit and stand, and to reach with hands and arms. Must be able to walk up and down stairs. Regular use of a computer keyboard is required. Vision requirements will be mostly close for computer monitor use.
- Must be able to lift to 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.