The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for managing the organization's accounts payable process and function in the Finance Office. This position oversees and tweaks the Accounts Payable procedures associated with the payment of invoices as necessary, ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the entire process as related to vendor payments. This will be a hands-on role to start, with the possibility to frame and grow the AP function to fully accommodate the growing amount of payment requests received. This role works cooperatively with nearly all facets of the organization, from the CEO to Portfolio Managers to line level staff.
- Develop, evaluate, implement and maintain systems, procedures, and policies to ensure controls, efficiencies and adherence to GAAP and company policies
- Interfaces with projects, clients and staff to respond to all questions and concerns related to invoicing and payments; Builds and maintains relationships with projects, vendors, and staff
- Investigates old checks on the outstanding checklist; works with the Accounting Manager to ensure all check voids are done timely and properly
- Ensures all contracts are paid as stipulated; alerts Contracts and Procurement Clerk of any incomplete contracts
- Execute full-cycle AP process: acts as the first line of review for all payment requests; ensure proper coding, backup, and descriptions are present, monitor requests through workflows, process batch, cut checks
- Serve as requestor in Microix for Strong City internal invoices that arrive at headquarters
- Maintain vendor relationships; manage vendors and maintain files, collect W-9s on an ongoing basis
- Manage the annual issuance of 1099s
- Provides Executive leadership with weekly data analysis of payment activities
- Ensures the correctness of data within Abila MIP Fund Accounting for all things related to AP
- Serves as a power user and maintains the integrity of Microix, the accounts payable software, ensuring optimization and reconfiguring workflows and modules as necessary
- Assists with annual audit and Form 990 preparation as needed
- Other duties as requested by the Budget Manager, Accounting Manager, Director of Finance and CEO/COO
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP, and Accounts Payable procedures
- Strong business judgment, planning, and problem-solving skills; highly analytical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, with a high level of ethics an integrity; ability to work independently with proven results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, required
- Familiarity with Abila MIP preferred
- Minimum four years of substantive, high-volume A/P experience with at least two years of supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field required.
Strong City Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Strong City Baltimore Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled