Air Innovations is a world leader in designing and building environmental process control systems for applications that can’t be addressed with standard HVAC equipment. We customize packaged solutions for temperature, humidity, filtration, pressurization, and with direct-expansion, chilled-water, or thermoelectric capabilities. We continually strive for innovative solutions to customers’ problems. We offer competitive pay, great benefits, and a team atmosphere.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- HSA and FSA company match with enrollment in a qualified plan
- Simple IRA with company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation, Personal Leave, and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance
Mechanical Engineers at Air Innovations design new product lines as well as support and improve the existing Wine Guardian product lines. They collaborate with Engineering and Manufacturing team members and use SolidWorks & PDM to create 3D layouts and 2D engineering drawings. Provide customer support by answering application and technical questions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Design and revise both sheet metal and plastic parts using SolidWorks CAD software. Create and revise schematics and other design documents.
- Update bill of materials, parts, descriptions, assemblies, etc. in CSI.
- Perform “First Piece Inspections” on all new parts received.
- Provide product support to manufacturing department as needed.
- Assist Service Manager and Sales Team to provide technical support to all customers, both internal and external.
- Assist sales/marketing in the creation or revision of manuals, specification sheets, illustrations, etc.
- Provide remote and occasional on-site customer support to troubleshoot equipment issues.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in mechanical engineering required; bachelor’s preferred.
- Three to five years mechanical system design.
- Experience designing sheet metal parts and enclosures, plastics, and tubing.
- Highly proficient computer skills in 3D CAD software like AutoCAD or Solidworks, ERP systems, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to design components and fixturing in CAD/CAM
- Sound knowledge and understanding of different manufacturing processes and materials.
- Proven ability to read, understand and generate complex engineering drawings and technical instructions or manuals.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed schedules, performance and design objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to operate manual machine tools, small hand tools, power tools and test/inspection equipment;
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work beyond normal or scheduled work hours as needed.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- High mental and visual attention required for planning difficult work methods and sequences to obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product. Ex. Analysis of vapor compression systems through use of computer and test laboratory.
- Ability to stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel, push, pull, reach, crouch, kneel, crawl, or bend, and perform repetitive motions with hands and/or wrists.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move equipment in the test lab
- Required to use safety glasses, hearing protection, and gloves while performing specific tasks.
- Work is mainly performed inside in both an office and manufacturing environment.
- Exposure to occupational hazards such as moving mechanical parts and loud noises.
- Occasional travel locally, nationally, and internationally including overnights and weekends.
Air Innovations is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status.
Air Innovations Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled