TITLE: Web Specialist (design, development, production assistance)
CATEGORY: Hourly and Contract positions available
REPORTS TO: Production and Quality Assurance Manager
Under the direction of the Production and Quality Assurance Manager, a Web Specialist is primarily responsible for the development of websites and other integrated electronic media as part of a production team of print and web designers. The Web Specialist will assist with the development of client web environments, including updating APIs to link WordPress sites to databases
Education and Experience:
Job Duties and Expectations:
The Web Specialist must acquire a working knowledge of the client base, company products, and services to include maintaining ensuring accuracy on a consistent basis. The successful candidate should be self-directed and able to work independently and collaboratively, as projects require, and is expected to maintain a positive and productive professional attitude.
I. Website development:
1. Develop and improve web services in a PHP environment.
2. Design/develop and edit/update client websites in accordance with Elevates proprietary web product using WordPress.
3. Design/develop and update the company website.
II. Production assistance â€“ Graphics:
1. Maintain consistent brand/messaging/content on an ongoing basis.
2. Scan, crop, and enhance photographs and digital artwork for production use in Elevate.
3. Prepare materials for print, web, and electronic distribution.
4. Update/rebrand promotional material as appropriate.
III. Production assistance - Administrative:
1. Contact clients in a timely fashion to follow up on web updates.
2. Contact clients to resolve problems with consistency/accuracy.
3. Maintain comprehensive billing records for all assigned projects.
4. Maintain, copy, and store production materials on the production computer and on the server(s) using established protocols and naming conventions.
5. Submit billing in a timely manner.
6. Assist Production and Quality Assurance Manager on an ongoing basis as needed.
7. Assist other employees on an ongoing basis as needed.
8. Using knowledge acquired, evaluate existing client production processes and make any recommendations for improvement and resource utilization.
9. Participate in company meetings and on company committees as needed to analyze/improve operations.