Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Delkin Devices Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Poway, CA.
Delkin Devices is a privately held company founded in 1986, with Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA and European Offices in Birmingham, England. We are consistently recognized as one of San Diego County’s leading manufacturing companies, with sales and distribution channels across the world. Today the Delkin name is associated with paramount quality, professionalism, and innovation, serving both industrial and consumer markets worldwide. Delkin Devices manufactures industrial flash storage solutions for embedded, industrial applications that include Industrial CF (Compact Flash), Industrial SD (Secure Digital), Industrial microSD, Industrial SSD (Solid State Drive), and Industrial USB. Delkin’s flash storage solutions are focused on environments where data integrity expectations are extremely high, where the flash is relied on to boot an OS, load an application, or log critical data.
Responsible for manufacturing processes, product manufacturability, quality and reliability. Responsible to implement manufacturing process controls that demonstrate statistical acceptance and improved yields.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve performance and efficiency of SMT manufacturing including product quality and reliability.
- Develop and implement set-up and run parameters for SMT board assemblies for improved yield and a demonstrated controlled process utilizing statistical process control tools.
- Reduce process variation for improved quality and through-put.
- Conduct root causes analysis and proposes corrective actions for continuous improvement related to SMT defects and manufacturing problems related to materials, processes, tooling or machinery.
- Provide leadership on scalability.
- Provide training to personnel on techniques and procedures for improved processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Experience with improvement in Surface Mount Technology (SMT) processes, techniques, and procedures with a demonstrated ability in measurement, analysis and adjustment for improved yields.
- Experience should include BGA, BGA reworks, thermal profiling, X ray, screen printing, pick and place programming and reflow profiling.
- Knowledge of SMT type materials, equipment, inventory control and kitting.
- Experience with implementation of lean manufacturing principles, six sigma experience desired. Prior experience within an ISO-9001 environment required, AS9100 environment a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and managed multiple projects/priorities is essential with a hard charging work ethic and an ability to motivate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with the ability to plan, resolve problems effectively, and establish priorities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelors in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or related field required.
- 12-15 years of experience in a high-mix / high-volume environment is preferred.
- Expert knowledge of IPC 610, IPC J-Standard 001 & IPC 7711 & 7721 rework standards.
- Work is conducted in a warehouse environment.
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise and variations in temperature.
- Position requires significant time periods of walking and standing with periodic amounts of lifting up to 50 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary; commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package available:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer