Corporate Development Manager
Make-A-Wish® Missouri is currently seeking an experienced Corporate Development Manager to join their team of professionals in Kansas City, MO.
This position will work from a home office in or around the Kansas City Metropolitan area.
The Corporate Development manager performs duties to support the Development efforts of Make-A-Wish® Missouri. The manager is responsible for a portfolio of accounts and serves as the primary liaison for all programs that support the Chapter’s revenue goals in the Kansas City Region. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Chief Development Officer and Director of Corporate Development in the solicitation of corporate support for all Chapter events and programs.
- Collaborating in the development and execution of all fundraising strategies to achieve Chapter financial goals.
- Researching new donors/sponsors.
- Cultivating past supporters and re-engaging lapsed donors/sponsors.
- Researching and cultivating potential National Accounts for the Missouri Chapter.
- Assisting with Major Donor cultivation events and appointments.
- Evaluate current and past efforts as related to events and/or programs;
- Develop a plan for increased revenue streams to support the Chapter’s long-range strategic goals.
- Explore the various activities and needs of donors to encourage support from new contributors and recommitment of prior contributors.
- Recommend fundraising priorities according to a 12-18 month cycle and work with the Director of Corporate Development to ensure goals are met.
- Assist in developing an annual, comprehensive development calendar that includes detailed explanations and plans for each fundraising activity.
- Assist in the development of a department budget and in monitoring expenditures as they pertain to assigned fundraising events and/or programs.
- Solicit, cultivate and sustain relationships with organizations, corporations and individuals to address changing giving trends; present findings to the Director of Corporate Development.
- Conduct a minimum of 8 field visits per week.
- Contribute to the writing of the annual report, Make-A-Wish® newsletters and supplemental information to support the Chapter’s relationships with its donors.
- Meet with Development Managers on a regular basis to discuss departmental concerns and current issues and trends
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in development & fundraising with a proven record of success
- Demonstrated knowledge of board committee functions and structures.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in non-profit or public agency management, including supervising volunteers.
- Working knowledge of non-profit fiscal management, including fund accounting and budgeting.
Abilities and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, clear and effective written and oral communications skills and effective negotiations skills.
- Proven ability in fundraising, coordination of events, corporate giving programs and fund development.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary; commensurate with experience and education
- Excellent benefits package
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer