JOB SUMMARY: Is responsible for supervising and directing the customer service function to provide the best possible customer service while minimizing losses. Utilizes experience-based knowledge in exercising discretion and independent judgment to adhere to policies and procedures and make exceptions as within incumbent’s authority. Responsible for bringing new customers into the Bank as well as actively cross-selling products and services to existing customers. Provides such customer services as opening new deposit accounts and assisting lobby customers with various transactions. Oversees the activities of branch personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops new business by contacting prospects and customers, cross-sells Bank and Bank Affiliate services when appropriate.
- Participates in community affairs to increase the Bank's visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Develops strong and consistent business relations with customers.
- Ability to review, project and uphold to budget guidelines.
- Assigns work to and reviews the job performance of Branch personnel. Makes authoritative recommendations on the hiring, promotion, discipline or discharge of Branch personnel. Conducts regular meeting to keep staff lines of communication open and resolves problems.
- Recommends policies and procedures to be utilized in customer service function, as well as fees and rates for deposit products.
- Ensures that all accounts are opened in accordance with established policies and procedures, proper records are maintained accurately, and accounts are entered on the Bank’s computer record.
- Ensures prompt, friendly, and efficient service to customers.
- Handles overdraft issues for assigned customers.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge and procedural expertise in various deposit programs to assist other Bank staff with technical problems and makes recommendations.
- Ensures that policies and procedures conform with regulatory requirements, and acts as a liaison with compliance/operations officer and regulators.
- Demonstrates personal and interpersonal behavior, attitude, judgment, communication and initiative with customers and employees in order to ensure a high level of professionalism and promotes team spirit throughout the Bank.
- Performs related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- 4 + years as financial institution Branch Manager
- Experience in Sales at a financial institution
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to represent the Bank
- Excellent human relations and communications skills to maximize business contacts and develop a working relationship with potential and current customers.
- Good organizational and time-management skills and the ability to see a project through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, calculators, typewriters, and other business machines.
- Acceptable business writing skills
- May act independently, within the limits of Bank policy and the guidelines set by the Branch Coordinator, in carrying out all assigned responsibilities and duties.
- Thorough knowledge of customer service/teller operations to coordinate the daily functioning of the Branch.
- Complete knowledge with the Bank’s deposit policies and guidelines in order to provide the highest quality of service to customers while safeguarding the Bank’s position.
- Authority to approve cashier’s checks, and wire transfers
- Authority to make lending decisions.
- Ability to manage projects to a successful conclusion
- Ability to interface with bank personnel as well as vendors and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Excellent PC skills including MS Office applications\
Physical Demands- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use of hands and fingers to feel or handle equipment and files; reach with hands and arms and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 2.5 pounds. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment- The work environment of a Branch Manager is at a desk in plain view for immediate customer service. The environment can get noisy during paydays and holidays. All areas are air-conditioned and heated. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
FIRST BANK & TRUST is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled