MPAY & Payentry offers human capital management services to employers across the US. Payentry is a cloud-based SaaS platform, providing employer solutions that increase cash flow and efficiency, reduce risk, and give a competitive edge in managing and retaining high-quality employees. Our mission is “Helping people get the most out of their workday” and providing the best systems and service for growing our clients' businesses. If you're ready to join us in that mission and advance your career, apply today to join the team!
About the role
MPAY is looking for a product owner to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing
the adoption, scaling, and continuous improvement of multiple applications and associated integrations.
This is a “full-stack” product position and will require you to be able to work in an outward-facing capacity
to define the work that needs to be done, and in an inward-facing capacity to write stories and help
engineering get your features built and shipped. The ideal candidate will have experience working with
customers and software engineers, a good understanding of how applications are built, and a bias for
What will you do?
What do you need?
- Continuing to scale and improve our applications.
- Own the creation of software features from whiteboard, to user story, to deployment.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to lead without direct authority.
- Maintaining customer relationships and providing an escalation point of contact for urgent
- Providing product and/or project management for integrations with external vendors, including
changes to associated web services.
- Leading special projects as a product expert.
- Working closely with marketing and technical writers to ensure that we publish accurate and
complete information about our products.
What do you gain?
- 3-5 years’ experience working with B2B applications, and a deep understanding of various
phases of the Software Development Life Cycle; preferably in a Product Owner, or Business
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technology/development and business
partners, and the ability to translate between these two constituencies
- Experience writing user stories and creating supporting documentation, such as UI mockups
- Excellent written communication skills and have excellent communication skills and client
- Experience working in a Scrum environment.
- Understanding of business process redesign concepts and process improvement techniques
- Exceptional organizational skills, analytical skills, strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Must be a team player and be able to build positive working relationships with team members
and project managers that encourage open communication and a supportive team environment
- Prior experience in an HRIS, Payroll, Tax, or consulting environment with a focus on business
analysis within financial services
- BA or BS in related field of study required
- Market competitive pay
- A career (not just a job) at a growing company
- A great team environment with opportunities to volunteer in the community
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for you and your family
- 100% company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Student loan assistance program, up to 3% of base salary
- 401(k) with up to a 4% company match, immediate vesting of employee and employer contributions
- Health Savings Accounts with company contributions
- Immediate eligibility for generous paid time off package including all federal holidays
- Great people
- 100% remote work-life (This is a remote, US-based position.)
Desire to learn and share knowledge with others – including excellent documentation skills!
Applications submitted via agencies will not be considered. Please know that incomplete applications will not be reviewed until completed. Thank you!
Payentry and MPAY, Inc. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled