Work involves providing customer service, performing golf course pro shop activities, and attending to daily operations. Direction is received from a supervisor in the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Collect golf fees and process credit cards. Sell merchandise, snacks, beverages, and certificates
· Organize and conduct customer service activities. Greet and provide information to customers, answer phones, coordinate flow of golf play, identify problems, and help prepare customer correspondence
· Organize and balance cash register. Prepare daily revenue reports. Deposit daily receipts
· Operate the golf handicap service, and Point-of-Sale (POS), reservation, and phone systems
· Participate in the opening and closing of the pro shop and clubhouse. Secure doors, lock up premises, and activate alarm
· Prepare for golf events and help coordinate the activities of golf service staff for daily operations
· Perform custodial and basic maintenance functions. Clean, sanitize, and deodorize restrooms and replenish supplies, vacuum floors, dust, polish furniture, and remove trash
· May perform operations activities including starting, rangering, cart maintenance, and practice area maintenance
· Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Information: Must be 18 years of age or older at time of hire; valid driver's license
Hours: June - November 30, 2017; Actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Location of Work: The District operates multiple locations. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
Related Experience: One (1) year experience in customer service and retail environment, including familiarity with golf course operations; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Knowledge of customer service techniques; routine golf course operations; state and local laws and regulations; and the operation of computerized point-of-sale.
Special training or other license, certification,etc.: Possession of the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) Program certification within 30 days of employment; CPR/First Aid – will train if necessary; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Counting and handling cash; operating computers; dealing effectively with others; preparing basic financial reports; handling situations firmly, courteously, and tactfully;; expressing oneself clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
On-boarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.