SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the Housing Search Specialist is to facilitate the rehousing efforts for each family assigned. The housing Specialist works with the case management team to develop a plan for permanent residency. The Housing Specialist works with vendors and community partners to ensure suitable placement is met in a timely manner.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3 years of related case management experience preferred.
- Shelter, Housing and /or case management work experience in may be considered as a substitute for education.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly encouraged
- Ensure DHCD procedures and policies are followed per established guidelines
- Ensure SRI (211) funds are tracked and calculated in an efficient and timely manner.
- Develop and assist all participants with rehousing plans.
- Convey program and participant needs to Case Management Supervisor.
- Attend community and regional meetings regarding all efforts for addressing permanent housing for homeless families.
- Provide transportation to participants to/from appointments when necessary.
- Meet regularly with case management to ensure participants needs are met.
- Conduct monthly meetings with participants to assist in the transition to permanent housing.
- Work with all stake holders to help facilitate residential placement.
- Disseminate applications and other prudent material to participants and staff as need and/or required by the funding source.
- All other duties assigned by the Case Manager Supervisor or Management Team
SCHEDULE: Full time: Monday-Friday (8:00 am to 4:00 pm)