US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an experienced Director of Human Resources working as part of the Finance & Administration Team. The successful candidate has a strong background as an HR Generalist, can manage a variety of overlapping task and be very flexible with scheduling changes and differing personalities. We are looking for an individual that embodies “The USL Way” by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse and the home of the nation’s fastest-growing team sport. US Lacrosse coordinates all activities of the U.S. National Teams Program and has nearly 450,000 members across the country. Through responsive and effective leadership, US Lacrosse provides programs and services to inspire participation while protecting the integrity of the sport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position directly via gethired.com to ensure completion of application even if applying through another site. Relocation expenses are generally not included for USL job openings.
The human resource director is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources function.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday - Friday at the National Headquarters building and regularly requires longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although infrequent out-of-area or overnight travel may be expected.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should you need an accommodation due to disability, please contact the Human Resources department.
- Responsible for the daily administration of human resource functions including but not limited to Payroll Processing, Benefits Administration and Negotiation, Talent Acquisition, Performance Management, Professional Development, Workforce Planning, Employee Relations, Cultural Engagement and Staff Teambuilding Events.
- Annually reviews administrate and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of US Lacrosse policies, procedures, culture and practices on all employment matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organizations compliance.
- Stays current with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations as they relate to employment matters.
- Communicates changes in organizations employment policies and procedures and ensures proper compliance is followed.
- Designs and manages the organization's wage and salary program; assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of employee wage and salary program.
- Manages and conducts onboarding and offboarding processes and coaches and directs supervisors regarding employee discipline.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for the organization.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets organizational employment information needs.
- Develops and manages annual human resources department budget.
- Occasional night and weekend work required to meet deadlines, attend Committee and Board meetings, and to assist at US Lacrosse events.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
Core values & Competencies:
- We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
- We Create & Innovate - Creativity
- We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
- We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
- We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
- We Have Fun - Humor
This position manages the employees of the department and is responsible for the hiring, performance management (including goal setting, code of conduct and documentation), training, expenses and adherence to all organizational policies of the employees within that department.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5 to 10 years’ related human resource management experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Exceptional organization, prioritization and leadership skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, and the general public
- Ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Acts as a role model within and outside the organization
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management
Human Resource certification preferred: PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP; HR Management Certification
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear
- Lift and move boxes, supplies and equipment up to 20-30lbs
- Will experience prolonged sitting and speaking on the phone and in public
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled