As a part of a team of professionals the support specialist is responsible for ensuring the general safety and well-being of families residing in a 24-hour family housing program. Support specialists offer various support services to the program and are a critical component to aiding families to gain self-sufficiency and locate permanent housing. Our facility abides by all government guidelines to ensure for staff safety from COVID exposure to the maximum extent possible and supplies personal protection equipment to staff.
- Applicant should be familiar with the government safety guidelines designed to minimize exposure to the COVID-19 virus.
- High school/ GED required.
- Must have valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Able to perform inspections of multi-level properties.
- Experience working with low income or other disadvantaged populations from various ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Able to respond to crisis situations in a calm reasonable manner.
- Able to read and analyze and interpret rules, instructions, and manuals.
- Ability to write and to use technology and office equipment.
- Spanish /English preferred.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required.
- Submit all paperwork as required by DCHD and the guidelines of the New England Farmworkers’ Council.
- Ensure that all participants receive safe, decent care and services.
- Assist case management.
- Respond to emergencies.
- Conduct intake.
- Physical inspections of property as scheduled.
- Maintain database.
SCHEDULE: Part-Time: Weekends (4 pm to 12 am)