JOB SUMMARY: The Kansas City Chiefs are seeking a creative and qualified Graphic Design Assistant to work alongside our Creative Services Manager on all creative projects and services as a part-time employee. Applicant must have a degree in Graphic Design or a design related field, any additional years of experience are recommended. Must understand branding and be able to work with a strict style guide. Applicant must be able to work as a team in a fast-paced environment. Must possess strong organization skills, attention to detail, spacing, hierarchy, and should be able to work under pressure on a multitude of tasks. All candidates must have a substantial knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite Programs, Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator. Some After Effects knowledge is a plus. Candidate must be proactive, creative and have a passion for design and sports.
- Designing promotional material (posters, print ads, postcards, brochures).
- Produce web graphics, email marketing, ads, website backgrounds.
- Brand Management; understanding how to work within a style guide.
- Event support (invitations, signage, credentials, t-shirts)
- Assist with photo editing and manipulation of graphics for sponsor and marketing needs.
- Manage graphic design requests from across the Kansas City Chiefs organization from start to finish.
- Assist Graphic Designer as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Must have strong conceptual skills and creativity.
- Individuals must possess excellent oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe.
- Work with others in a professional manner while achieving a common goal.
- Must have a substantial knowledge of the following Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft Office programs: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Light office duties and activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- A portfolio is required in order to be considered for this opportunity. Please submit past and current work in either a PDF document or provide a link to your website. Online portfolio is strongly preferred.
- Housing available in the Kansas City area.
- Must know Adobe Creative Suite (CS5 or above), strong skills in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat are required. Ability to work on Macintosh and Windows computers.
- A good understanding of design methodologies, branding strategies, marketing, advertising, social media, typography, and copy writing.
- Comfortable working on multiple projects with tight deadlines in a fast-pace team environment.
- Great organizational skills, a keen attention to detail with the ability to work well under tight deadlines.
This position is for someone who is willing to work part-time 4-5 days a week.
If you wish to become a part of this exciting, fast paced organization AND you meet the requirements listed above, please apply now.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE