Europe / United Kingdom Based Position Only€46-51,500 / £40-45,000
Associate Category Director: RWE & HEOR
RWE & HEOR is a growing focus for many of our current clients. With an expanding supply base and reduced internal resources, the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies are looking to centralize their outsourcing of these studies through the Scientist.com Marketplace.
The ideal candidate for this full-time position will lead the expansion and development of the category service offerings through the Scientist.com marketplace.
A successful candidate will provide the functional expertise (knowledge of supplier market, regulatory requirements, study specification and commercial challenges) to directly support researchers and suppliers. This role will need to possess the business acumen, communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with Scientist.com and client senior leadership teams to drive the adoption and expansion of the category within Scientist.com, an area with an expected potential of several hundred million dollars.
- Review, optimize and manage the content available for RWE-HEOR in the Scientist.com Marketplaces, including the types of services available, supplier capabilities, recent innovations, technical content, and marketing materials.
- Continually identify, update, select, and integrate qualified RWE-HEOR suppliers into the Scientist.com Marketplace with the support of the Supplier Enablement Team.
- Help to drive the client implementation and adoption of the Scientist.com Marketplace model for the sourcing of studies at new and existing clients, from small biotechs to the world’s largest pharmaceutical organizations.
- Lead industry forums and roundtable discussions addressing industry-wide challenges and initiatives.
- Interact directly with scientists to understand and refine their technical requirements for studies as needed.
- Attend industry technical conferences
- Identify innovative new RWE-HEOR suppliers, tools and technologies and make them available through the marketplace.
- Verify user and supplier compliance with any regulatory or internal procurement policies.
- MS or Ph.D. in a life science (or equivalent work experience in biotech or pharma)
- Possess the highest level of integrity, ethics, and honesty
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Good troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Solid writing, editing, presentation and communications skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Limited international travel (post-COVID)
- Remote position (work from home) – travel as needed
- Competitive salary
- Stock options at a rapidly-growing start-up company
- Full benefit package, 401K/Pension and unlimited vacation
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.
Scientist.com Hiring Philosophy
Scientist.com is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other status. If you’re interested in working in a fast growing, exciting working environment – we encourage you to apply!