US Lacrosse, the national governing body of lacrosse, announces an opening for an experienced General Manager working as part of the U.S. National Teams. The successful candidate has the ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data. We are looking for an individual that embodies “The USL Way” by positively influencing the sport and each other, providing outstanding service, being creative and innovative, practicing purposeful collaboration, being humble and honest and having fun! If you believe you can bring your own unique spirit, then US Lacrosse is the place to be.
ABOUT US LACROSSE:
US Lacrosse, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, is the national governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse and the home of the nation’s fastest-growing team sport. US Lacrosse coordinates all activities of the U.S. National Teams Program and has nearly 450,000 members across the country. Through responsive and effective leadership, US Lacrosse provides programs and services to inspire participation while protecting the integrity of the sport.
IMPORTANT NOTE: All applicants must submit a brief cover letter, resume and minimum salary requirements to be considered for the position directly via gethired.com to ensure completion of application even if applying through another site. Relocation expenses are generally not included for USL job openings.
The National Teams General Manager leads the administration and logistical operations of various components within the National Teams program, which includes both men’s and women’s senior and under-19 teams, and the box/ indoor team. The General Manager reports directly to the National Teams and High-Performance Director with direction given from the National Teams staff and other relevant US Lacrosse staff members. This position serves as the point of contact for players, coaches, team staff, partners, and various other volunteers and constituents. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work at a fast paced, high energy level while maintaining a calm demeanor and dealing with various personality types and customer-based situations.
Expected Hours of Work:
US Lacrosse core business hours are 8:00am to 8:00 pm Monday - Friday and 10:00am to 2:00pm on Saturday. This position is generally expected to work 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday - Friday and regularly requires longer hours and weekend work as related to events and other business needs.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although domestic, international and overnight travel is required 15-20% annually.
Lacrosse experience is not required for this position. Knowledge of sports team operations is required, and knowledge of men’s and women’s lacrosse is helpful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should you need an accommodation due to disability, please contact the Human Resources department.
· Acts as team manager for all five National Team programs; supports National Team coaching and support staff
· Creates and manages the logistics and operational portions of the National Teams budget; negotiates hotel, events and transportation related contracts for Teams, for the VP of Lacrosse Operations
· Primary National Teams logistics manager- organizes travel and logistical plans for all team events (training weekends, tryouts, clinics, etc.) including but not limited to overseeing of daily event schedules, working with host and special event staff, coordinating flights, ground transportation, lodging, meals, equipment and apparel needs and shipping for players, coaches and team staff, on-site management and financial needs, conference calls, post-event debrief and reporting; etc.
· Primary National Team event and clinic point person: coordinates player availability for clinics; coordinate PR/Marketing efforts to promote events through emails to past participants and area-specific email blasts
· Establish team emergency action plans for all Team USA activities, including coordinating travel and safety plans with the U.S. Department of State
· Gather and maintain all necessary team member contact information, ensuring that all team members complete background checks and maintain US Lacrosse memberships
· Manage apparel and equipment needs of each team throughout the year including the selection of products, size needs, delivery, maintain inventory and ensure brand guidelines are met
· Liaise with team medical staff and Medstar for management of appropriate medical documentation and screenings including but not limited to pre-participation physicals, injury report tracking, IMPACT testing, etc.
· Assist the NT Director in working with the Partnerships Department on developing, securing, and servicing sponsorship opportunities, and serve as the primary liaison between the National Teams and team sponsors
· Ensure that all U.S. National Team activities maintain good standing for participants according to NCAA and FIL standards.
· Serve as U.S. National Team contact for FIL events, including but not limited to submission of U.S. Team passport information, medical paperwork, Therapeutic Use Exemption forms, and WADA drug testing.
· Monitor and respond to inquiries from Team USA email box.
· Evening and weekend work and travel (domestic and international), as needed (15-20%).
Core values & Competencies:
· We Influence – Written and Verbal Communication
· We Serve - Customer Focused
· We Create & Innovate - Creativity
· We Collaborate – Peer Relationships
· We are Humble & Honest – Integrity and Trust
· We Embrace Individuality – Diversity
· We Have Fun - Humor
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience:
· 3-5 years of work experience in Sports Management or related field
· Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills; proven history of relationship building
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to create and manage an operational budget
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
· Experience in an office environment - managing information, preparing reports, handling customer inquiries, and other administrative duties
· Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and handle large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Experience with job-specific applications such as Teamworks and Salesforce preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management or related field helpful
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements:
This job operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
· Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk and hear
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions, including occasional extreme temperatures
· Regularly lifts and moves boxes, supplies and equipment up to 20-75lbs
· Will experience prolonged sitting, keying of data and speaking on the phone
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
US Lacrosse Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled