Biohabitats is seeking a Project Accountant to provide direct support to our accounting team and project managers. This position will work closely with the controller, the operations team leader, and project managers to ensure timely and accurate billing, project set up, budget maintenance, report development, and other various accounting duties. Biohabitats offers ecological restoration, conservation planning, and regenerative design services to government and private clients throughout the country.
Ensuring timely and accurate accounting is paramount. Attention to detail, an enthusiasm for collaboration, and a passion for the environment are essential.
We provide outstanding benefits. Click on ‘Learn about our benefits’ on our Careers page to find out more.
- Coordinate project and budget set-up along with contract reviews
- Perform detailed review of monthly billing
- Assist with monthly progress reporting, written documentation, and other required client communication
- Support month-end close and other day-to-day accounting responsibilities
- Develop reporting that meets the needs of various team members
- Experience with accounting and billing in the A/E or construction industry
- A strong understanding of Office 365 programs (particularly Excel and Word)
- Knowledge of various contract terms and requirements
- Excellent organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and prioritize tasks
- Experience with Deltek Vision is advantageous to this position
- Understanding of Power BI or other data visualization tools
- Familiarity with bidding and scheduling software
Education: BS+ in Accounting or Finance
Years of experience: 5+
Professional Registration: Certified Public Accountant is a plus but is not required
Biohabitats is a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. We are a certified B-Corp™ and Just© Organization, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying.