Are you a smart, compassionate, technology savvy, rockstar RVT or Veterinary Assistant who has a great work ethic and loves working with people and animals? Then we want you as part of our team!
Beacon Veterinary Specialists provide state of the art specialized care for animals throughout the Bay Area. Primary care veterinarians refer cases to us that require special treatment that they aren’t able to provide in their own hospital. We have been providing internal medicine, surgery and emergency services for Bay Area pet owners for many years and have worked closely with our community and organizations to help treat and protect the animals that we cherish so much.
We are seeking experienced (and awesome) full-time and part-time registered veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants to provide support for our ICU patients. The ideal candidates should have experience working in a fast-paced, high-quality veterinary environment. Experience in a specialty environment is especially desired.
Morning rounds on patients in the ICU
Perform patient treatments
Review surgery cases with surgeon and make changes to ICU sheets, as needed
Assist with emergencies, as needed
Perform blood work for inpatient and outpatient cases, as needed
Generalized nursing care
Maintain the ICU patient record
Maintain and input ICU patient fees
Fill medications for ICU/ER patients, as needed
Complete rounding sheets
Round in coming ICU staff on ICU patients at end of shift
Who We’re Looking For:
The successful candidate will be someone with a focus on excellence, has great energy and passion about working with pets and their people, has a stellar work ethic, who is excited to learn and has excellent communication and client services skills! We are looking for the very best of the best to complement our team of extraordinarily talented board certified specialists.
We believe in empowering our technicians to learn a ton and do a ton, which means that they'll contribute to our busy and growing practice.
Due to the on-going advancements in veterinary medicine, continuing education is essential for our veterinary technicians/assistants and we make sure that our technicians are provided the latest and relevant CE, at no cost to them. We also pay for our technicians’ licensing renewal fees.
Please apply if:
• You are a licensed / registered technician.
• Your friends and co-workers gush about your awesomeness and attitude.
• You have a desire to learn, to take on new responsibilities and to be challenged.
• You have a great personality, positive energy, care deeply about animals and people and possess a thirst for innovation and trying new things.
• You go to work every day to make a difference in the lives of clients and patients.
• You believe in delivering “gold standard” client experiences.
• You insist on only the best from those you work with and work to ensure the highest standards of veterinary medical care.
• You believe in being part of a team.
• You understand the importance of and enjoy supporting doctors.
Beacon Veterinary Specialists is a privately owned, progressive employer offering a variety of benefits including paid vacations, paid holidays, paid sick leave, medical & dental insurance, employee pet discounts, uniforms, and a generous continuing education allowance. We have a strong commitment to personal and professional development.