- The candidate for this position will reside in the UK or EU.
- Salary to start at £50k // €58,940
As Compliance Manager, you will lead and develop the third-party risk management process, manage our VERIF.i® initiative, as well as work closely with internal departments on processes to strengthen our position in existing core areas and expand our offering and awareness in growth areas.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in the pharmaceutical research and development industry and/or supply chain management. This role reports to the SVP of Compliance and works with internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and develop the third-party risk management process to address future and changing requirements, ensuring integration and cross-functional work with other departments
- Lead and manage our VERIF.i initiative - an on-site, global, pre-assessment programme to support the pharmaceutical industry source regulated services from external third parties
- Ensure relevant knowledge is communicated widely throughout the organization and external stakeholders to maintain best-in-class compliance solution to support the pharmaceutical industry
- Improve connections with all stakeholders, internal and external (suppliers and manufacturers), to promote use of the platform to support sourcing of services by clients
- Execute special projects as needed
- Assist the development of new compliance tools/programs to address business needs and emerging risks
- Promote compliance and ethics as a top priority to the organization
- Foster a culture where employees themselves own and embrace ethics and compliance
- Provide coaching and mentoring
- Provide day to day management support to the Compliance Team in achieving goals and setting objectives and deliverables
- BA/BS degree in business, operations, or a scientific field is desired. An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
- 3+ years of compliance experience in the relevant risk areas within the life science/medical device industry
- Experience leading solo-projects to completion
- Business minded, risk conscious
- Positive, energetic, self-motivated personality, able to explain complex compliance points to the business
- Able to take stakeholders concerns and demands into account in how best to develop and execute on compliance strategies.
- Fluency in English and preferably fluency in other language(s) spoken in the EMEA region.
- Excellent computer skills (must be proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Strong time management skills with flexibility and a functional understanding of managing personal productivity, project and meet deadlines
- High level of business acumen in both administration and business
- Adaptable and positively responds to change
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Possess good level of expertise in pharmaceutical research and development, especially GxP, and/or supply chain management
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, customer orientation, exercises good judgment and appropriate discretion when reaching conclusions.
- Ability to drive outstanding performance and gain commitment through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to detect, assess and develop solutions as needed
- Pension/401K adn Medical Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Stock options at a rapid-growing start-up company