This position focuses on the dining patron at the District's clubhouse by performing a variety of customer service tasks directed toward the sales of food and beverages, ensuring a positive, healthy and safe experience for the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages and food items such as hot dogs, sandwiches, snacks, etc. Provide table service to dining patrons
· Require proper identification for guests when selling alcoholic beverages, ensuring no-underage sales of alcohol
· Enter order into register system; tabulate and accept payment for order
· Maintain clean work space that meets health department guidelines. Wash and sanitize dishes and glassware. Maintain appearance of dining room by cleaning service wares, table tops, and counters
· Perform set up and arrangements for events. Review stock items and replenish supplies
· Set up air and nitrogen tanks for the purpose of dispensing soft drinks and beer
· Set up bar including cutting fruit and stocking condiments. Take down bar by putting all food items in storage
· Secure doors, lock up premises, and activate alarm system
· Perform other duties as required
The District operates multiple locations. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 21 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: June 1 - Nov. 30; 25-30 hours/week during golf season. Actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Related Experience: One(1) year experience as a bartender in a bar, restaurant, or hospitality industry at a high-volume establishment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special training or other license, certification,etc.: Possession of the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) Program certification within 30 days of employment ; ability to obtain the Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; CPR/1st Aid - will train if necessary; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; and keeping neat and accurate records.
On boarding/Training Requirements: Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.
<!--[if gte mso 9]> <w:LsdException Locked="false" SemiHidden="true"