We are looking for a Ruby developer with finance and procurement system integration experience.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the cXML protocol and its application in procurement systems. In addition, experience integrating with NetSuite and writing code with SuiteScript is highly desirable
The candidate will work on these integrations as part of our larger Ruby on Rails application powering our medical research platform. Although the position is focused on integrations, the candidate will gain knowledge and experience working with other features of our application including our overall request cycle process.
- 4 year computer science degree (or similar), code school, or relevant work experience
- Ruby on Rails
- cXML protocol
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Support existing and new integrations for our customers and suppliers
- Gather requirements and feedback for new features or upgrades for existing features
- Manage, create test cases and execute tests on integrations, enhancements/fixes
- Troubleshoot and resolve integration related issues
- Identify gaps in functionality and user expectations as well as designing the features that could fill those gaps
- Identifying superfluous or obsolete functionality and removing it from the code base
- Full medical and dental coverage
- 401K matching
- Competitive salary
- Stock options at a rapid-growing start-up company
- Dynamic, hot-desk office with a great employee community
- Remote work possible
Scientist.com is the world’s largest marketplace for medical research. We help pharmaceutical scientists discover life-saving medicines in less time and at lower cost. Our mission is to make it possible to cure all human disease by 2050.
By connecting scientists and enabling them to exchange ideas and transact seamlessly online, Scientist.com is speeding up and reducing the cost of medical research. We were founded in 2007, launched our first research outsourcing marketplace in 2008 and built our first enterprise marketplace for Pfizer in 2009. Today, we operate enterprise marketplaces for 20 of the world’s top 30 pharmaceutical companies, 80 biotechnology companies and the US National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Named as Inc. Magazines Best Workplaces 2018 & 2019 and 9th Fastest Growing Company in the U.S. 2018, we are seeking talented, creative, and hard-working individuals who want to transform how research is done and help speed the discovery of new cures in oncology, neuroscience, cardiovascular, and thousands of other common and rare diseases.