Who We Are:
Topiarius is a landscape design, build, and maintenance company. Since 2003, our mission has been to design, create, and maintain luxurious outdoor sanctuaries because we believe that people deserve to live beautifully outdoors. You can learn more about Topiarius at www.topiarius.com.
The Finance Manager is responsible for advising Topiarius on how to increase profit through prudent financial practices and monitors and enforces compliance with procedures, regulations, and financial reporting. Additionally, the role manages cash flow, participates in budget oversite, and communicates financial information the team and accountant.
This position’s success is measured by:
· Financial Strategies
· Cash Flow Management
· Budget Oversite
What You Will Do (a full job description will be provided upon follow up)
· Spearhead and collaborate on financial strategies.
· Supervise account reconciliations, monitor, and enforce compliance with standards and in order provide cash flow management.
· Provide oversight of the company’s budget.
· Participate and practice effective communication of financial information.
Who You Are:
You identify with our culture. Topiarius employees are expected to perform with honesty, integrity, and optimism. We enjoy our work and find it very satisfying and have a strong work ethic. We enjoy each other’s company and choose to work as a team and not as lone wolves. We take the details seriously; they are what allows us to stand apart from our competition. And follow through is in the fabric of all we do.
You LOVE tracking and knowing our numbers with extreme accuracy and organization. You will have a team attitude as you work with staff in order to best facilitate daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual bookkeeping activities. Under the direction of the CEO and in coordination with the COO, you will understand the pivotal link this role plays “behind the scenes” to support the overall company mission.
You offer clients a one-of-a-kind experience. You love talking with people on the phone and are great with written client communication. You are clear and concise, as well as willing to listen and answer questions. You are always an advocate for Topiarius even with the most demanding clients.
You aim for operational excellence. You are someone that doesn’t just show up to “phone” in the day. You are mature and professional. You arrive with a smile. Your lists are clear, organized, and prioritized. You keep paperwork filed and easy to find. You remember details so more times than not you can answer questions without having to double-check. Deadlines are what makes your day turn and you excitedly meet them. You exude pride in all that you do but are humble enough to know when you need to ask for help.
You are curious and problem solve. We are a growing company and how a process worked last year may not be the same this year so figuring out how to optimize the change is exciting and invigorating to you. Yet, at the same time the routine and repetitive nature of bookkeeping does not bore you; it is why you like this position.
You enjoy working with a team. You understand that as the Finance Manager you oversee your assigned responsibilities. You also understand that you need to direct and help colleagues provide you with the information you need. While you have many skills, you understand that others do as well, and you can only benefit from learning from them when necessary.
· 5+ years of experience in bookkeeping.
· Higher education degree.
· Experience in leadership – communicating with senior staff, leading meetings, and holding colleagues accountable.
· Proficient in Excel, QuickBooks, Google platforms.
· Solid communication, verbally and written.
· Able to work well in an open office setting.
· Excellent knowledge of basic accounting.
· Knowledge and experience with a variety of office equipment but not limited to computers, phones, fax machines, etc.
· Demonstrates exceptional judgement, decision-making, and skill prioritization.
· Bilingual speaker and reader in English and Spanish.
· Experience with Aspire software.
Expected Activity and Movement:
You will be regularly working at a desk and computer. Periodically you will move boxes weighing up to 40 pounds.
What We Provide:
Hours and Compensation:
Monday - Friday; business hours, full-time 40 hours, in-person.
Annual Salary: $75,000 - $80,000
· Paid Time Off (up to 10 days in first year) and Paid Sick time (up to 40 hours each year).
· 8 Paid Holidays.
· Medical and dental insurance plans (PPO/HSA and HMO options).
· Complimentary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans.
· After one year of service with a minimum of 1000 hours worked, employees are enrolled in Topiarius’ retirement plan. Topiarius will make a Safe Harbor Non-Elective contribution of 3% of compensation deposited the following year into the employee’s pre-tax 401K account.
Topiarius is a non-union shop. Our final candidates may be required to undergo a background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. And nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
First, we highly encourage you to visit Topiarius’ website (www.topiarius.com) to become familiar with our company.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply and be sure to include a cover letter. We will contact you if we are interested in scheduling an interview. Please refrain from phone calls.