PRIMARY FUNCTION: - Plan, coordinate and evaluate all organization wide athletic and physical fitness programs and activities including seasonal leagues, intramural leagues, sports, fitness, and recreational activities.
- Ensure programs, services and activities that prepare youth for success, promoting safety of member and quality of programs at all times. Provide guidance and role modeling to all staff.
- Ensure programs are outcome driven and aligned with BGCGH logic model and outcome areas.
- Planning, organizing and implementing a range of high quality noncompetitive to competitive programs and activities for members.
- Creation of league structure, scheduling, policies, etc
- Creates an environment that supports mastery, exposure, and sportsmanship in all athletics
- Initiating new and creative program activities. Promoting and stimulating program participation.
- Identifying opportunities for implementing new programs to benefit club members.
- Monitoring and evaluation of program achievement against target goals, recommending modifications that respond to member needs and interests and participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, supervising members.
- Create a system for inventory of all program equipment and supplies and ensure they are in good order.
- Recommend and requisition supplies needed for success of program.
- Work with Director to prepare program budget.
- Recruit, train and manage assigned volunteers; provide ongoing feedback; identify and support development opportunities.
- Communicate with partners and donors as appropriate about the needs, status, challenges, and success of program implementation.
- Work with fellow staff on special events and facilitate programs in any department when needed.
- Complete any required or mandated trainings and/or professional development
- Availability for weekend and late hours for games, clinics, etc
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with staff (professional and volunteer) and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, member’s parents and other to assist in resolving problems.
- High school diploma, BA preferred
- Three years ‘experience working with youth and families required.
- Experience organizing sports leagues
- Mastery knowledge of sport rules regulations
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with youth required.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written required. Bi-lingual, English/Spanish is a plus.
- Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), required.
- Must be able to interpret Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Houston, Inc. programs and philosophy.
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Must adhere to the BGCGH Employee Code of Conduct
The information presented indicates the general nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled