Cornerstone Auto Group is a local family-owned business that has been around for over 50 years. We make customer, employee, and community relations our top priority. In 2018, 2019 & 2020, Cornerstone was named one of the National Standard Top Workplaces by the Star Tribune. We are looking for an Accounting Clerk to join our team at our Ford, Chrysler location in Elk River, that will embrace our customer service philosophy and ensure we will continue to provide unparalleled customer service.
Benefits that we offer:
● Paid Training and Development
● Paid Time Off (PTO)
● Flexible Schedule – 40 Hour Workweek
● Career Path and Promotion Opportunities
● Multiple health care options with corporate contribution
● Free health care option for employee
● Dental Insurance w/Corporate Match
● Free Basic Life Insurance
● HSA w/Corporate Contribution
● 401K w/Corporate Match
● Vision Insurance
● Accident and Critical Illness
● Short- and Long-Term Disability
● Supplemental Life Insurance
● Employee Assistance Program
● Wellness Program with Fitness Discounts
● Auto Sales, Service, Parts, and Accessories Discounts
● Additional Employee Discounts and Perks
Primary Duties will consist of, but are not limited to:
● Receipt money for dealer trades
● Post car deals
● Pull loan agreement contracts when needed
● Get deals ready daily
● Register and cancel warranty, gap and other finance products
● Writing checks for F&I Products (warranty, gap, etc.) and referrals
● Post factory invoices and dealer trade invoices
● Document hold for resale on State of MN’s website
● Assist with filing vehicle deals for the dealership.
● Responsible for monthly reconciliation of accounting schedules.
● Assist in preparation of information for weekly cash position report.
● Assist, as required, in other parts of the office, receptionist and/or cashier areas.
● Register & redeem U+, receipt money and print monthly report for Controller
● Recommend to the Supervisor procedures for short- and long-term plans that could improve the office functions.
● Assure harmony and teamwork with all other departments and peers.
● Understand, keep updated and comply with Federal, State and local regulations that affect accounting and personnel areas.
● Monitor, inspect, track and prepare paperwork, as required.
● Perform daily office functions.
● Assist Title Clerk/Biller with titling vehicles
● Backup Cashier/Receptionist during absences
Education and/or Experience:
● Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
● Car Dealership experience preferred
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Willing to submit and the ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
● Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
● Articulate, detail-oriented and a strong work ethic
● Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
● Must be available to work flexible hours
Our Values: We value our relationships ∙ We do what’s right, what’s honest ∙ We aim for excellence ∙ We listen to really understand ∙ We take action ∙ We show respect ∙ We work as teams ∙ We strive to improve, learn ∙ We greet each day with gratitude ∙ We celebrate what we do together