The Tap Room & Visitor Center Manager oversees the operations and staff of the Visitor Center and Tap Room. The Manager as well as staff are expected to be experts in beer, serving techniques, as well as historians for Abita. Ongoing education and training spearheaded by the VC Manager and Brew Master will serve to ensure that each staff member is well prepared to provide each guest with an exceptional experience. The VC Manager will oversee the retail store, Tap Room events and will be in charge of all daily operations. In addition, the VC Manager will ensure total guest satisfaction while helping to increase sales, profits and brand awareness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all staff in the Visitor Center and Tap Room; new hires scheduling, discipline, performance and separations.
- Work with staff on systems, standards and innovation.
- Opening and closing the Visitor Center and Tap Room.
- Ability to perform all functions of the Visitor Center and Tap Room and fill in on shifts that are short staffed.
- Quality assurance of service and products.
- Security of the Tap Room. Maintain a safe environment for our staff and guests.
- Responsible for all day to day needs to keep the Visitor Center running smoothly and efficiently.
- Maintain a positive attitude amongst staff and guests.
Tap Room Event Coordinating
- Work with the Marketing Department to come up with events and promotions that will bring in new customers and increase Tap Room revenue.
- Field event inquiries and oversee events.
- Work with Visitor Center Manager to setup and staff all Tap Room events.
- Provide event reports to Senior Management after all events.
- Monitor inventory and order all necessary beer for the Tap Room and events.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including beverage, supply utility and labor costs.
- Maintain records of invoices, past confirmations, electronic records of revenue, sales voucher tracking, event inventory and event scheduling.
- Assist in ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist in overseeing the day to day operations of retail including online orders.
- Assist in keeping inventory stocked at all times and track items running low.
Safety and Planning
- Assist with the enforcement of sanitary practices for beverage handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Tap Room. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of service.
- Maintain professional image, including Tap Room cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Estimate beverage costs. Work with Corporate office staff for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies. Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Must be certified with ServSafe, Beer Permit, CPR and First Aid.
- Ensure proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into returning guests.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Assist with scheduling and labor control.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and training hourly employees.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise or for special events (typical work week = 45 hours).
- Ability to perform all functions of the Tap Room.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines and copiers.
Supervision of Others
- Supervision of the Beer Guides on each shift
- College degree is preferred. Bachelor of Science degree in hotel/restaurant management is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternative.
- Knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Proficient in purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping and reporting.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills for dealing with diverse staff and guests.
- Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solution to problems.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining required standards of operation in daily Tap Room activities.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled