ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS OFFERING A $500 SIGN ON BONUS
The Abita Brewing Company Facilities Tech position is responsible for performing any and all preventative, routine and general maintenance of the organization in repair of buildings, facilities and equipment along with the upkeep of commonly used spaces in buildings. It requires strong self-motivation and problem solving, physical stamina, be mechanically inclined to understand, diagnose and perform basic repairs, along with routine cleaning necessary for areas of brewing operations as well as the administrative offices. This position requires a high degree of flexibility for shifts outside of normal business hours including early in the morning or late at night.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, sockets, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses, toilets, etc.)
- Performs minor painting and carpentry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.)
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, floors, roofs, doors, restroom, facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc.)
- Responsible for assisting with maintaining of the grounds as needed.
- Purchase supplies and maintain an organized supply storage area.
- Ensure that assigned areas cleaned, disinfected and maintained in good condition and report any issues to supervisors immediately.
- Sweep and mop floors, empty trash bins, load/unload dishwasher, vacuum and dust, replenish bathroom supplies as needed.
- Deep cleaning of designated floors and exterior walls using a steam pressure washer and a powered floor cleaner; perform routine inspection of the equipment and coordinate service and repairs as necessary.
- Document and maintain supply inventories for consumables and light cleaning chemicals and supplies placing orders with vendors as required.
- Support Marketing and Retail with onsite events including setup/takedown of electrical string lights, garbage cans, seating arrangements and running temporary power cords.
- Evaluate current processes and make recommendations for safety and efficiency gains as part of continuous improvement.
- Support other departments as needed and directed with regards to manpower
This position is performed both inside and outside, periodically including working in weather conditions that include excessive heat and cold as well as wet conditions with moderate noise.
The working environment and physical demands described here are representative, but not necessarily all-inclusive, of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Be able to work in the presence of odors typical of brewing operations without allergic reactions or nausea.
- May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or toxic and caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Position requires standing for long periods of time (8 to 10 hours), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body and arm rotation, arm extension, twisting,
- Able to lift products and materials weighing up to 50 pounds and pulling up to 70 pounds.
- Able to work from heights and operate powered industrial equipment.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
- Ability to meet deadlines and complete tasks in a designated timeframe with attention to detail.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Be an effective team member and display initiative.
- Ability to safely use basic hand held and power tools such as hand and power tools, pressure washer, etc. and ensure they are in good working conditions.
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently without direct supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Forklift / Man lift Operator experience desired
- Possess good oral and written communication skills for dealing with diverse guests.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled