Who We Are:
Topiarius is a landscape design, build, and maintenance company. Since 2003, our mission has been to design, create, and maintain luxurious outdoor sanctuaries because we believe that people deserve to live beautifully outdoors. You can learn more about Topiarius at www.topiarius.com.
We are looking for an Account Manager who is responsible for a robust portfolio of Fine Gardening (Maintenance)/Seasonal Rotation accounts (primarily residential) as well as selling designs for renovation and new build construction projects. The minimum annual portfolio management will be $1,000,000+. ($500k in Seasonal Rotations and enhancement + $500K + in one time design and build projects.) This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Sales and Design.
This position’s success will be measured by:
- Meet annual sales goal.
- Increased percentage of renewals/retention.
What You Will Do:
- Sell all of Topiarius’ offerings by generating estimates and contracts for your book of clients and new clients to hit personal sales goal, ensuring that gross profit goals are achieved.
- As needed, provide clients with custom seasonal rotation designs (other than the annually design palettes).
- Collaborate with the Design Studio to provide construction designs and estimates.
- Actively update sales lead status with each communication to new leads and existing customers.
- In collaboration with the Marketing team, participate in lead generation and client retention.
- Develop positive relationships with clients, vendors, and allied partners in order to ask for referrals of potential clients.
CUSTOMER LOYALTY AND RETENTION
- Provide exceptional customer service to qualified leads through the entire design build process, making the client the hero and serving as a trusted advisor to the client.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through collaboration and understanding their goals from the beginning of the project through the final design; oversee adjustments or improvements as needed.
- Communicate regularly and efficiently with clients through in-person meetings, phone calls, email, and (when appropriate) texts.
- Keep abreast of client challenges, document in CRM (Customer Relation Management software) and provide proactive solutions in a timely manner.
Who You Are:
You identify with our culture. Topiarius employees are expected to perform with honesty, integrity, and optimism. We enjoy our work and find it very satisfying and have a strong work ethic. We enjoy each other’s company and choose to work as a team and not a lone wolf. We take the details seriously; they are what allows us to stand apart from our competition. And follow through is in the fabric of all we do.
You aim for operational excellence. You are someone that doesn’t just show up to “phone” in the day. You are mature and professionally dressed ready to sell to clients that expect you to exude confidence, knowledge, and style. You arrive with a smile. Your lists are clear, organized, and prioritized. You actively track activities in CRM. Producing estimates are what makes your day turn and you excitedly want to send them to clients. You exude pride in all that you do but are humble enough to know when you need to ask for help.
You are problem solver and a salesperson. You fully understand that sales are the engine that moves a company forward and puts compensation in your bank account (and you want a lot of it!). You are eager to build relationships with clients by providing answers and solutions to their pain points. Matter fact, you love talking with new clients and potential clients, whether on the phone or in person. You have the ability to think holistically around projects providing decisive and concise information about Topiarius and landscape design.
You enjoy working with a team. You understand that your crew leader assigns you projects. While you have many skills, you understand that others do as well, and you can only benefit from learning from them when necessary.
- Strong commitment to meeting quantitative and qualitative goals.
- Proven track record and minimum annual sales of $600,000+.
- 5 plus years’ experience in the landscape industry.
- A degree in Horticulture (or equivalent).
- Expertise in annuals and in seasonal décor materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google programs.
- Strong interest in current design trends - loves learning.
- Able to prioritize tasks and handle multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously.
- Thinks outside traditional design – “out of the box.”
- Has excellent interpersonal, oral, and written skills.
- Handles details accurately with strong organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
- Personal commitment to Topiarius’ mission.
- Basic understanding of budgets, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Personal vehicle with insurance and clean driving record.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Experience with HubSpot and / or Aspire.·
- Experience with residential design and implementation, specifically in the Midwest region.
- Experience doing in-field landscaping.
- Knowledge about "Green" technology and design.
- Skilled at free-hand drawings/renderings.
- Able to speak conversational Spanish.
Expected Activity and Movement:
- Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer terminal and analyzing data and figures.
- Routinely works at a desk.
- Moves about to coordinate work.
- Drives vehicle in Chicagoland.
What We Provide:
Hours and Compensation:
Mon.-Fri., 8:30 am – 5 pm., Minimum 40 hours per week with availability for early morning or evening meetings, and Saturday client meetings.
3 Base salary and commission options. Commissions are paid monthly and quarterly. Base salary ranges from $60,000 - $80,000.
- Paid Holidays. Paid Time Off (up to 10 days in first year) and Paid Sick time (up to 40 hours each year).
- Medical and dental insurance plans (PPO/HSA and HMO options).
- Retirement Complimentary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans.
- After one year of service with a minimum of 1,000 hours worked, employees are enrolled in Topiarius’ retirement plan. Topiarius will make a Safe Harbor Non-Elective contribution of 3% of compensation deposited the following year into the employee’s pre-tax 401K account.
Relocation not included.
Topiarius is a non-union shop. Our final candidates may be required to undergo a background check. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or other status protected by applicable law. And nothing in this job description restricts the supervisor’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
First, we highly suggest you visit Topiarius’ website (www.topiarius.com) to become familiar with our company.
Secondly, if you are interested, please apply. We will contact you if we are interested. Please refrain from phone calls.