Boston Government Services, LLC, is currently seeking to hire a Director of Project Management with emphasis in Project Controls.
Location: Oak Ridge, TN or Remote
Leadership for BGS Project Management/Project Controls Contracts, Projects and Tasks. Responsible for staffing and execution of current contracts (projects and tasks), and for supporting marketing and business development opportunities for growth. This position requires technical, management and business leadership capabilities, excellent communication skills, and experience with marketing and business development. This position reports to the President of BGS.
Specific Experience and Responsibilities:
- Experienced with project management for federal clients.
- Able to staff and manage team of PC specialists to support federal government projects.
- Able to establish and integrate EVMS systems for government projects (must understand EIA 748 and be able to implement EIA guidelines).
- Leads development EVMS tools of Life Cycle and Contract Performance Baseline (including WBS dictionaries, CAM notebook, risk register, etc.) for large complex Engineering, Technical, and Scientific Projects under DOE 413.3B and related DOE/GAO guides for risk, scheduling, estimating, etc.
- Experienced in project performance status reporting (cost-schedule variance, technical issues, etc.).
- Able to establish and implement a Project Management Control System (that can be certified by the Fed Government) lead software integration for schedule, cost processing and accounting into one EVM system.
- Able to establish and maintain the Baseline Change control system and lead the development of change proposals.
- Understands client’s systems and needs (gap analysis) and develops solutions.
- Strong communication skills with staff, clients, potential partners and teaming partners.
- Able to develop and implement training for the team staff and the client’s staff as needed.
- Able to lead the development of technical and cost proposals for new tasks or contracts.
- Able to meet with prospective clients and persuasively communicate a value proposition to secure new work.
- Responsible for staffing and managing business line work.
- Responsible for staff performance and development.
- Responsible for BGS performance on all assigned contracts, projects, and tasks.
- Responsible for client relations and expanding current contracts.
- Responsible for supporting business development and marketing for the PM/PC business area.
- Responsible for supporting development of the BGS PM/PC functional area.
- At least 15 years of experience in Project Management and Project Controls in the federal sector.
- Bachelor’s degree (or commensurate experience) in a technical area related to PM/PC.
- Demonstrated technical skills in Project Management and Project Controls including familiarity with DOE and GAO requirements and expectations.
- Leadership experience for staffing and managing PM/PC assignments.
- Demonstrated success growing work and winning new contracts.
- Must be able to obtain US Government Security Clearance.
- This position is expected to be partly billable (at least initially).
- Some travel to work locations and for marketing is required.
- Oak Ridge TN is the desired (but not required) location.
- Current security clearance desired.
Boston Government Services is an equal opportunity employer.
BOSTON GOVERNMENT SERVICES LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled