Summary / Purpose of Position:
To promote the sharing of the Gospel by providing supervision, guidance, and assistance to guests through education, counseling, and social service support. Counselors must be able to deliver practical recovery educational services, which are Biblically supported and twelve-step compatible. Aspects of the position include assessment, facilitation of group sessions, teaching, and providing individual counseling. Must work internally and externally to assist guests in attaining necessary and appropriate Christian and support services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a willingness to share the good news of Jesus Christ, give a personal testimony and pray with/for those served by the ministry. Must be comfortable and willing to lead a guest to the Lord.
- Models vulnerability to the guests when appropriate.
- Serve guests who desire to find change from homelessness, addictions, and/or mental health issues through counseling, case management, and coordination of services.
- Assist guests in coordinating necessary services internally and externally of the ministry while developing partnerships within the community.
- Assure quality and consistency of guest care through maintenance of the guest database while using approved counseling and case management skills and tools.
- Maintain proper channels of communication within as well as outside of the facility.
- Occasional representation of Miracle Hill through visiting and presentations at local churches, businesses, and partner agencies.
- Develop relationships with volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the director.
- Direct supervision of a guest caseload.
- Responsible to oversee some aspect of facility operations.
- Responsible to participate in guest evaluation and correction.
- Assume specific administrative duties in the absence of and as authorized by the director.
- Education or equivalent experience: A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field, A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Years of experience: 3-5 years in a related field
- Mental health training and/or experience in professional mental health fields is preferred.
- Specialized training helpful: ministry, public or business administration, social science, case management, addictions, problem solving, and decision making.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to speak the truth in love while accurately interpreting communication in relationship.
- License/Certification: AACC or another nationally recognized counseling organization. State licensure preferred.
- Other: If applicant is in recovery, a minimum of 5 years clean and sober is required for eligibility.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.