Orion Engineers & Associates (Orion) is a professional engineering firm founded to primarily serve the aviation and civil engineering markets in the US and Pacific. Our technical staff have over 100 years of experience in airport and civil engineering in all aspects of the project delivery stage; planning, design, and construction management.
Orion invites you to join our growing firm! Orion’s values are centered around their employees and recognize that the employees are the most important asset of a successful company. This is a unique opportunity to learn from our industry experts, as well as, be exposed to working with a diverse group of people that are passionate about engineering and motivated by working with teams that focus on providing exceptional service to our clients and our communities.
The successful candidate will provide civil engineering services from the conceptual level through to detailed bid documents on major infrastructure projects, in varied fields including; municipal, aviation, transportation, infrastructure renewals, etc. Activities will also including performing system analysis, planning, and modeling for hydrologic and hydraulic drainage, sanitary, and water systems.
The Civil Engineer will report directly to Project Managers, Principals-in-Charge, Office Managers, and/or Managing Principals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from anABET accredited program, or other related engineering degree applicable to design and/or construction of civil infrastructure projects.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering, and eligible for registration in other states.
- 4+ years of experience in civil infrastructure design and drainage modeling experience.
- Experience in Airport design and knowledge of FAA/ICAO Standards preferred but is not a requirement.
- Must be able to pass TSA Security Screening and Background Check for working at commercial airports.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD Civil3D and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Previous experience with modeling programs such as SWMM, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS, or similar.
- Experience in writing reports and technical communications and client communications.
- Must be extremely well-organized and have the ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks to ensure a commitment to project delivery and quality management.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Primary place of business will be within a formal office space in Honolulu, Hi.
- Project site visits during construction, assistance with Construction Administration and Management, and elements specific to Construction Inspection and Reporting.
- Submit a Cover Letter referencing this Job Advertisement, along with a Resume highlighting Project Experience in one single document.
- Selected applicants will be contacted and scheduled for an initial phone interview.
- Short listed applicants may be contacted and scheduled for an in-person interview.
- Short listed applicant’s references may be contacted for verification of submitted work application and Project Experience.
Orion is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment opportunities are based upon one's qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.