Biohabitats is seeking a qualified Project Engineer/Designer to join our growing team of environmental engineers, water resource engineers, ecological engineers, restoration ecologists, scientists, and landscape architects to work collaboratively on cutting-edge water reuse, natural wastewater treatment, and ecological restoration projects. The ideal candidate is self-directed, highly organized, is flexible and can work on a variety of project tasks, has strong written and verbal communication skills, possesses mechanical aptitude, and is passionate about water.
The position will be in either our Southwest Basin & Range Bioregion office in Santa Fe, NM, or our Cascadia Bioregion office in Portland, OR.
We provide outstanding benefits. Click on ‘Learn about our benefits’ on our Careers page to find out more.
- Coordination, design, research, permitting, and construction administration of projects involving integrated water strategies
- Provide engineering or design analysis of water use
- Prepare design and construction documents (plans, specifications and cost estimates)
- Assist with regulatory approval and construction administration services
- Cultivating client relationships
- Experience with completing design and construction documents, including plans and specifications
- Technical drafting experience using Computer Aided Design applications
- Technical writing experience
- Process engineering and detailed design of integrated systems
- Wastewater and water treatment facilities planning, design, and operation
- Specific experience in sizing and specifying pumps, meters, piping systems, instrumentation, controls, etc.
- Site civil work (grading and drainage, infrastructure, sewer, water, stormwater, etc.)
- GIS Software
- HEC RAS, HydroCAD, StormCAD, and/or other environmental/hydrology software
- Design coordination with CAD or production staﬀ
- Construction administration and construction observation activities
- Cost estimating
Education: BS or MS degree in environmental, civil, mechanical, agricultural, water resource, or related engineering
Years of experience: 2-4
Professional Registration: Not required
Biohabitats is a purpose-driven, performance oriented, and values led organization. We are a certified B-Corp™ and Just© Organization, meeting the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance. To ensure that you will thrive at Biohabitats, we highly encourage you to review our Mission, Values, and Approach before applying.