Summary / Purpose of Position: Maintains and repairs physical structures and operating systems and maintains grounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Paints interior walls and trim.
- Maintains and repairs buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
- Maintains and repairs wood parts of buildings.
- Replaces worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance on buildings and systems as assigned.
- Operates equipment to dig trenches and maintain grounds.
- Must be available for on-call assignments outside regular work schedule.
- Pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares expertise with others.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Makes timely decisions.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time wisely.
- Completes work in a timely manner. Works quickly.
- Observes safety and security procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions. Responds to management direction. Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Have a willingness to share the good news of Jesus Christ, give a personal testimony and pray with/for those served by the ministry.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- This position occasionally supervises volunteer or guest labor.
- Education or equivalent experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- License/Certification: Valid driver’s license.
- Basic knowledge of building system components and the ability to maintain and make repairs as needed.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.