At Air Innovations, We Value:
Expertise & Learning – Our entire technical staff, from engineers to production employees, has been cross-trained on all our products and follows lean manufacturing principles that result in reduced production times.
Efficiency – Cross-training combined with the flexible workstation layout of our 40,000 ft2 facility allow us to transfer resources from product line to product line quickly and efficiently as customer purchases or design needs change.
Quality – Air Innovations’ products are certified to the safety and performance standards of ETL, UL, CSA, CE, CCC, ANSI, SEMI or MIL-STD.
Collaboration – We strongly believe in developing alliances with local universities and other organizations to help foster the development of certain technologies, which we can then incorporate into solutions for our customers.
Community – Air Innovations believes “community” means more than learning together– it also means giving back. On September 9th Air Innovations will proudly host their 9th annual golf charity fundraiser.
Receive incoming inventory and prepare orders for efficient loading, unloading, and departure of trucks. Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive incoming materials and compare information on packing slip with purchase orders, invoices, or other documents to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notify supervisor.
- Unload incoming trucks and move products to designated locations using a hand or forklift trucks. Accurately label and/or tag materials for special order or inventory, update inventory databases, and distribute product to proper person or location.
- Prepare orders for installation team by ensuring proper materials are loaded in installation vehicles.
- Deliver materials throughout the production area and assist with material transfers within the production area. Assist customers with customer pickup as requested.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area by disposing of waste material, cardboard or packing materials, and stacking pallets.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned including, but not limited to, assisting fabricators, drive company vehicle to deliver shipments to job sites, run errands, etc.
- Perform related duties as requested to meet department and or company objectives.
Contribute to the overall success of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner. Follow all company safety policies and procedures as set forth in the Employee Handbook and Safety Manual.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS graduate or equivalent.
- Prior shipping/receiving experience is preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to receive and maintain, forklift operator’s license.
- Must have at the time of hire, and maintain throughout employment, a valid NYS license free of major infractions.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Moderate mental and visual attention required for performing manual work, machine operations, set-ups, inspections, and adjustments that require frequent decisions to detect and adjust for variance from proper operation. May be required to operate equipment in congested areas involving considerable variety of movement.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Work may be physically demanding. Ability to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, sit, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
Ability to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds on a frequent basis.
Ability to operate a variety of forklift trucks for material movement. Must be able to use a computer to send/receive email messages, post information to a database or spreadsheet, and perform basic word processing and/or data entry. Must wear safety shoes, respirator, safety glasses and a hard hat when performing certain job duties.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as temperature changes, outdoor exposure to weather conditions, fumes, odors, gases, mists, and/or smoke, oils and/or lubricating fluids.
- Work environment involves exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment and proximity to moving mechanical parts.
Air Innovations is an EEO employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of a person's race, religion, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic characteristics or carrier status, arrest or conviction record, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally protected class or status.
Air Innovations Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled