Small government contracting firm seeking an experienced Human Resource Manger. Position is part time with potential to move to full time.
The Human Resources Manager will guide and manages the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs. Federal government contracting experience desired. Bachelor Degree and 5-10 years of experience required.
The major areas the Human Resources Manager includes:
- recruiting and staffing;
- organizational departmental planning;
- performance management and improvement systems; organization development;
- employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees;
- Federal SCA knowledge, compliance
- employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
- policy development and documentation;
- employee relations;
- company-wide committee facilitation;
- company employee and community communication;
- compensation and benefits administration;
- employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- charitable giving; and
- employee services and counseling.
The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
The Human Resources Manager coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff; and assists and advises company managers about Human Resources issues.
Primary Objectives of the Human Resources Manager:
- Health and safety of the workforce.
- Development of a superior workforce.
- Development of the Human Resources department.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Personal ongoing development.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources Manager will be closely involved in decisions, implementations, and review of community relations, philanthropic giving, and event sponsoring, space planning, benefits review, and administration. Responsibilities of the Human Resources manager may also include the following.
Development of the Human Resources Department
- Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Oversees and manages the work of reporting Human Resources staff. Encourages the ongoing development of the Human Resources staff.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams and community events support, company philanthropic giving, and benefits administration.
- Supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of such reports as are necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Develops and administers programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.