Directs/manages overall daily operations of the
designated Club with primary concern for programs and service delivery,
supervision and training of staff, facilities management, community relations
and membership administration.
- Establish Club programs, activities and services that
prepare youth for success and that create a club environment that
facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
- Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring
facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in
variety of program areas/activities and receive instruction and feedback
to develop skills in program area(s)
- Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including
activities, events conducted and grant implementation, breakdowns of daily
participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate Club overall
programs, services and activities to ensure they meted stated objectives
and member needs and interests.
- Compile regular reports reflecting all activities,
attendance and participation.
- Manage Club financial resources assisting in the
development of annual budgets. Control expenditures against budget.
- Ensure administrative and operational systems are in
place to maintain the operations of the physical properties and equipment
of the Club, including the use of facilities by outside groups.
Ensure compliance with organization policies.
- Recruit, manage and provide professional development
opportunities for club staff and volunteers.
- Conduct regular evaluations, conduct regular staff
meetings and provide ongoing feedback regarding employee performance.
- Develop partnerships with parents, community leaders
Marketing and Public Relations
- Develop and maintain public relations to increase the
visibility of programs, services and activities within the Club and
- Coordinate outside resources and experiential learning
opportunities to enhance programs.
- Conduct tours and host club visits and/or community
- Purchase or approve purchase of supplies or equipment.
- Work with staff on special events to carry out programs
in all departments.
- Exercise authority in problems relating to members;
utilize guidance and discipline plan.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close daily contact with
Club professional staff to interpret and explain organizational mission,
program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive
information. Maintains close contact with Director of Operations and/or
Manager of Operations. Has regular contact with members as needed to
discipline, advise and counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external
community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving
problems and to publicize the Club.
- Four year degree from an accredited college or
university, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years work experience in a Boys &
Girls or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on
the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability in personnel supervision,
facilities management, and the recruitment and retention of key personnel.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred, if applicable.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to recruit, train, supervise and motivate
- Ability to deal effectively with members including
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and
- Skills in fund-raising events.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people,
parents and community leaders.
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license (CDL may be
required based on vehicle standards), and be insurable.
The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle,
feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee frequently is required
to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to
30lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
The information presented indicates the general
nature of work and level of work expected of employees in this
classification. It is not designed to contain, or to be interpreted as, a
comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and
objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUBS OF GREATER HOUSTON INC. is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled