XPERTECHS is a managed IT services, cloud solutions and consulting firm ranked among the top 200 IT Managed Service Providers in North America.
Our team maintains the highest levels of industry certification in all aspects of business-related IT and operates a full network support and operations center. We specialize is solving complex IT design and infrastructure issues while maintaining a “trusted advisor” relationship with our clients.
We're doing well, and we're growing - and now looking to add another great person to our (already awesome) team.
The core purpose of the Business Analyst is performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and translate conceptual requirements into functional requirements. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users. In support of the technical teams this person will provide timely and accurate information to both internal and external stakeholders that supports our commitment to service excellence.
Business Analyst Job Duties
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Performing requirements analysis.
- Documenting and communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Working closely with clients, technicians, and managerial staff gathering critical information from meetings and producing useful reports.
- Partner with stakeholders across business units (ex: sales, finance, security, compliance) to develop analyses and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with production, managerial, and executive teams.
- Evaluate, analyze, and communicate systems requirements on a continuing basis, and maintain systems processes, including the delivery of monthly status reports to all appropriate parties.
- Author and update internal and external documentation, and formally initiate and deliver requirements and documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: This position requires a minimum of an Associate’s Degree (with a Bachelor’s degree preferred); at least 2 years in business analyst experience at a small or mid-sized business; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Must be able to effectively communicate in specific terms about technologies used by our clients.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The Business Analyst must have exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills. Must have general knowledge of hardware, software, remote backup, desktop optimization and cloud services. This individual must be detail oriented and have excellent documentation skills.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with and present information to others and access information using a computer for several hours at a time. Employees must have mobility throughout the office and may occasionally drive or ride up to 30 miles to other service locations.
- Emotional Demands: The employee must be emotionally mature and be able to handle difficult and complex client and work-related situations. Candidates must possess strong problem solving, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills. They must be self-driven and possess a positive mental attitude.
- Client/Relationship Management: The Business Analyst establishes and builds relationships with clients. Applies knowledge to the business and provides personalized, value-added service. Demonstrates willingness to meet or exceed needs of clients by pursuing improved courses of action; delivers products and services that best serve client needs; uses client feedback as a basis for improving service and performs necessary follow-up work without being prompted.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: The Business Analyst creates commitment to common goals; identifies competing interests and finds ways to balance them; values contributions of all team members and other constituencies; values team accomplishments over individual accomplishments; leverages others’ strengths and experiences to achieve team goals; co-operates with colleagues and shares resources.
- Intellectual Demands: Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential, as well as effective organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills. Candidates must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general industry periodicals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. They must be able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. They must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, vendors, and employees.
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities to perform this job successfully; the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment is on an “at-will” basis.
Employee must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with other co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) perform work activities requiring negotiating, instructing, supervising, persuading or speaking to others; and (c) respond appropriately to constructive criticism from a supervisor.
Working at XPERTECHS
In between our efforts, triumphs, and dedication to our clients, comes a fast-paced, team-oriented and friendly family culture that helps drive the success of our organization. An open concept office and huddle “style” meetings help create a casual and collaborative atmosphere. Neckties are cut loose on day one to help emphasize our unique philosophy. Staying fast, efficient, and flawless is our competitive edge. Our team-first approach extends far beyond typical business hours. XPERTECHS runs multiple social events throughout the year and supports both employees and their families. We relax with trips to the ballpark, annual company outings, and frequently catered lunches! A team that plays together wins together.