Dudley DeBosier Injury Lawyers is a growing law firm with offices throughout Louisiana. We pride ourselves on providing clients with high-quality legal representation while exceeding their client service expectations. We are passionate about helping our clients and our communities. Dudley DeBosier is dedicated to changing the way people think about attorneys one relationship at a time.
We are currently accepting resumes for an experienced Legal Assistant in New Orleans. 1-3 years of Worker's Comp experience is required. The ideal candidate will provide outstanding client service to each of our clients while helping them to navigate their workers’ compensation claim by acting as the liaison between the injured worker and the workers’ compensation insurer or administrator.
- Maintaining client contact for dashboard 30-day contact.
- Coordinate medical treatment for the client.
- Make initial contact with the client to gather additional information.
- Return all client calls within 24hours.
- Contact adjusters, health care providers, and defense attorneys as necessary to address client issues.
- Complete new file set up, to include scanning all signed documents, identifying correct insurer, confirming claim for Workers’ Compensation has been filed, sending a letter of representation to adjuster or employer, and sending a request for treatment to the chosen health care provider when applicable.
- Prepare all outgoing correspondence sent via mail, email and fax to clients, health care providers, adjusters, defense counsel, etc.
- Review and scan all incoming mail and review pertinent mail with an attorney for direction.
- Entering daily mail into the case management system, scanning, renaming, and saving in the client’s electronic folder.
- Meet with an attorney to discuss files for review to ensure contact with the client, treatment, case status, and that file is progressing forward.
- Maintain attorney calendar by posting all deadlines, client meetings, and all other scheduled events on a daily basis, confirming addresses for meetings.
- Inform and remind clients of appointments to be attended.
- Scan settlement documents into the client’s electronic folder and have documents reviewed by an attorney for accuracy.
- Request current URC from accounting and enter all firm expenses and client advances into case management system.
- Verify all client lien balances and enter current amount into case management system.
- Prepare settlement disbursal by entering settlement amount, attorney fee and any indemnity received and paid to the client into the case management system.
- Prepare Power of Attorney so that client settlement check can be endorsed and deposited.