The Director will have responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources (HR). This includes developing and managing progressive HR policies and practices that support the organization's business objectives; partnering with senior and line management to ensure timely recruitment of best talent; planning and implementing strategies for employee training and development, performance management, communications, total compensation management, and employee relations.
The Director will also participate in Organization Development (OD) initiatives. This includes developing strategies to support organizational assessment and change; strategies to support workplace learning and performance; and design of interventions to enable individuals, teams and departments to work more effectively. Additionally this position is the point person in working with CDR legal counsel for a variety of corporate issues. The position also oversees all functions related to the purchase and maintenance of CDR properties. Participate in Senior Team with responsibility for the development and implementation of organizational objectives and programming to achieve operational objectives.
- As a representative of CDR, be committed in all that you do to support, perpetuate, and model the CDR Mission.
- As HR. Director, the role is to be the primary business partner to senior management, overseeing HR generalist activities such as employee recruitment, satisfaction and retention, organizational communications, training, total compensation, HRIS, employee relations.
- Managing the recruitment function, ensuring the timely placement, orientation and retention of best talent.
- Monitoring employee retention and developing strategies to reduce turnover and workplace dissatisfaction.
- Developing and implementing strategies of ‘up and down’ organization communications, ensuring management has multiple mechanisms by which to communicate with staff, and that staff have multiple mechanisms by which to voice up to management.
- Managing the training function, ensuring effective training needs assessment, the effective/efficient delivery of appropriate professional and job-related training opportunities.
- Proactively provide team building, diversity and other training to staff and management to ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws; promote skills and career development; and increase overall productivity and job satisfaction.
- Managing the compensation and benefits function, ensuring that pay, rewards and benefits are in support of organizational objectives and are managed competitively against identified external competitors for key positions.
- Ensure HR. information systems provide accurate, timely and useful data.
- Provide guidance and counsel to management on issues related to legal compliance, labor law, and union relations; and provide confidential counsel and support, as appropriate, to employees on work-related complaints and issues.
- Develop and administer the HR budget and operate within established guidelines to meet budgetary requirements; manage and develop the HR Staff.
- As directed by CEO or COO, engage and work with legal counsel for advisements and representation as coordinator of a variety of corporate projects.
- Coordinate and manage real estate transactions on behalf of the agencies.
- Manage custodial staff and vendors to assure the maintenance of the CDR properties such as but not limited to: building maintenance and repair, alarm systems, cleaning.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- An undergraduate degree is required, a graduate degree in organizational behavior or human resources, or related field, is a strong plus.
- A minimum of ten years of progressively more responsible experience in human resources and/or organization development is required, with a minimum of three years of supervisory or managerial experience.
- A demonstrated track record of success in leading teams/projects, motivating and developing staff, and contributing to the policies and programs required to meet the strategic needs of the organization.
- Experience in management of large-scale change initiatives
- Strong business acumen; results-driven, metrics focused; comfort with basic financial data; ability to gather, analyze and interpret organizational data.
- Excellent verbal, written, facilitation and formal presentation skills are required; the ability to quickly summarize complex information and convey points concisely is preferred.
- Project and time management – ability to manage and coordinate multiple initiatives and priorities simultaneously is required.
- Computer literacy in basic programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. HRIS knowledge is desirable.
- Must have precise computer data entry skills.
- Communication skills, verbal, listening, and written, are needed to deal with frequent communication between applicants, HR and CDR and RCIL employees.
- Professionalism is needed as you are dealing with confidential materials.
- Self-initiative and self-directed.
- Must be well-organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision.
Essential Functions/ Physical Requirements:
The Job Duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. The physical requirements for this position are those typically present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Reliable transportation is necessary as there may be local day business travel required of this position.
The Center for Disability Rights strives to be a participant controlled, cross disability organization that is reflective of the community it serves. CDR values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, cultural or ethnic group membership, disability status, educational level, family status, gender, income, national origin, race, religion, or sexual orientation. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. CDR will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Center for Disability Rights is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled