Lead Line Cook
Unleavened Fresh Kitchen is a refined fast casual restaurant that serves a convenient meal everyone can feel good about; with breakfast, lunch, and dinner- seven days a week. With unexpectedly good customer service and a willingness to delight those with dietary needs, we’ve quickly become a favorite spot for the health conscious or those looking for something they can feel good about eating. Our chefs and kitchen staff make all of our food, on-site, from scratch. Our first location opened in September of 2015. It has quickly evolved into a recognized leader in the Dallas food scene. We are currently in growth mode, and anticipate rapid expansion in the Dallas/Fort Worth market with 3-5 new store openings projected in the next 24 months.
We are excited by the possibility of you becoming part of our story.
- Follow standardized recipes, cooking methods, portion controls, and packaging.
- Read food order slips, or receive verbal instructions as to food required by guest, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Maintain high standards in food preparation and assume responsibility for quality and quantity of products served while working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Culinary education is a plus.
- Appropriately prepare all items needed for cooking, from washing and cutting vegetables, weighing, mixing and measuring ingredients to pre-cooking and slicing batches of meat, poultry and seafood, before the start of each shift.
- Can operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills or ovens.
- Knowledge of proper use and maintenance of relevant kitchen equipment and machinery.
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and able to accurately prepare multiple orders in a timely manner.
- Effectively prevent bottlenecks in kitchen.
- Efficiently wash and maintain clean dishes, glassware, flatware, trays, pots, and pans using dishwashers or washing manually, at times.
- Properly place clean dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment in storage areas. Ensure kitchen work areas, equipment, and tools are clean and in orderly condition.
- Is detail-oriented, able to learn quickly, safety-minded, courteous, organized, customer-service focused and a great team player.
- Cut and prepare ingredients using basic knife skills.
- Other duties as directed.
- Takes direction well from supervisors and leaders.
- 2+ years of qualified cooking experience.
- Can perform basic reading, math and measurement calculations in English.
- Must be able to effectively and respectfully communicate with all levels of associates, management and vendors.
Unleavened Fresh Kitchen is an Equal Opportunity Employer and uses E-Verify as part of the hiring process.