The Maintenance Specialist is responsible for
preventative maintenance and emergency repairs for all of the packaging and brewing equipment within the facility. The Maintenance Specialist will ensure safety and
production schedules are met.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Quickly diagnose the source of
failures and make emergency repairs to all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic,
and electronic systems as needed to return them to service and minimize
- Assist production staff in
performing their duties through direction, training, and assistance.
- Assist production operations in
setting up equipment and making running adjustments to maintain maximum
efficiency. Including annually auditing assigned equipment to improve or
develop PM’s, troubleshooting guides, and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work
area, returning tools, equipment, and supplies to the appropriate storage areas
after each assignment.
- Responsible for performing
preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Propose and modify maintenance
schedule according to our particular use of the equipment.
- Observe equipment in operation to
prevent/diagnose potential problems.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to
and remove, repair and replace defective parts.
- Identify, suggest, propose, and
discuss solutions to equipment and facility issues with management.
- Develop and maintain maintenance
logs on all equipment.
- Order stock parts services for
proper and prompt repairs.
- Work with Contractors for repair,
maintenance, and installation jobs.
- Troubleshoot PLC's, Controls,
Motors, Medium Voltage Equipment.
- Work with a high degree of autonomy
and minimal supervision to support production priorities.
The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
- Hours may vary if emergencies arise (typical workweek = 45 hours).
- Ability to perform all functions of the Maintenance
- Position requires sitting, standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and
lifting products and supplies weighing 85 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist
- Potential exposure to noise in excess of 85 decibels, caustic, acid,
hot equipment, mechanical hazards, heat, and cold.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines, and
To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required to perform this job effectively. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must have an Electrical / Mechanical background experience setting up
and servicing packaging equipment, as well as basic electrical and mechanical
- Proper use and understanding of PPE.
- The ability to read and interpret manuals, schematics, and blueprints.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
collaboratively in a dynamic environment.
- The ability to operate a forklift.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled