2023 Seasonal Summer Camp Enrichment Coordinator
Under the direction of the Childcare Director, or branch designate, and consistent with the Christian mission of the YMCA, the Summer Camp Enrichment Coordinator is a temporary assignment and will be responsible for planning education enrichment activities for students participating in the summer camp program, as well as providing coaching, modeling and sharing best practices to create a conducive learning environment. The YMCA is looking for a certified teacher or retired teacher to support our Summer Camp participants during summer camp time. The Enrichment Specialist will act as a tutor to all students and will plan various activities to engage students in active learning during summer camp hours.
● Develop standard-based lesson plans for specified educational enrichment areas (literacy, social emotional learning, supplemental hands on learning activities) to include provisions for participant abilities.
● Model, coach, and provide best practices for creating a conducive learning environment for all students.
● Create and implement tools to support the students in their virtual learning requirements set by their school district.
● Manage student ISP, IEP, and IFSPs as necessary.
● Collect, document and track programmatic data and participate in continuous quality improvement efforts for the staff.
● Work in conjunction with a partnership with the schools to make sure that the transition back to the actual school environment to be as seamless as possible.
● Model and support the use of technology for communication, scheduling and training between the student and teacher.
● Attend required YMCA training related to employment.
● Support the Christian mission and philosophy of the YMCA and uphold their principles by day-to-day personal example.
● Bachelor’s degree in education or related field required
● Current teaching certification preferred
● Minimum 2 years of teaching experience required
● Basic understanding of the YMCA, its mission, goals and objectives and how these are essential to the operation of Y Readers
● Demonstrate significant evidence of emotional maturity, good moral character, and judgment
● Willingness to work in a seasonal capacity (expected to work up to 8 hours prior to summer)
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Ability to create and work within a Christian environment so that each student has the opportunity for growth
● Ability to adapt to changing needs and circumstances
● Strong problem solving capabilities
● Must be punctual and able to effectively manage his/her time
● Training and certifications required by the Quality Standards within allotted timeframe