Alpha Building Corporation is currently seeking a Superintendent in our Austin office.
The Superintendent will provide field administrative and technical management on multiple construction projects supervising one or more trade groups (electricians, carpenters, HVAC, instruments etc.). He or she will coordinate the work trade groups and in-house performance as needed. The Superintendent serves as the face of Alpha Building Corporation to our clients and subcontractors.
Alpha Building Corporation is a premier general contractor.
Since 1969, we have been providing solutions to transform how our clients undertake construction. We take pride in the work we do and believe that it contributes to something much bigger...that the environments we create facilitate people to achieve great things. Under the stewardship of three generations, we have grown from a single office based contractor into one of the most trusted and respected general contractors operating across the southern United States
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· reviewing issues such as access, scheduling, and materials delivery.
· assist in preparation of the work plan and how the work is to be organized, coordinated, executed and completed.
· prepare daily reports, capture project information using computer software, direct and coordinate near term planning with the subcontractors and provide a two-week look ahead schedule.
· approve subcontractor monthly invoices, materials and equipment; review and approve submittals to ensure they meet the specifications in the project documents and monitor project safety requirements and documentation.
· ensuring subcontractors are working with the proper tools, materials and manpower.
· monitor for quality construction and perform scheduled, unscheduled, pre-final and final inspections for all delivery orders.
· oversee the correction of deficiencies and punch list items as necessary.
· maintain liaisons with contractors and suppliers and internal and external staff to verify that all required materials, equipment, inspections etc., are available for construction projects.
· resolve any delay issues and any possible impacts from materials, equipment or manpower shortages in a timely manner and with a sense of urgency and prepare “Requests for Information” (RFI’s) log and obtain necessary building permits.
· monitor project costs and local costs of materials, labor and rentals to assure competitive pricing.
· Other duties as assigned.
Safety is a priority at Alpha Building Corporation and the Superintendent should ensure that all safety documents are completed and will help his or her team meet all safety standards. Superintendents will attend required training as provided by Alpha.
Two-five (2-5) years previous history in construction and/or engineering experience related to facility construction or four (4) year engineering or construction degree.
Current driver’s license and insurance, ability to successfully pass a non-dot drug screen, motor vehicle records check and background check prior to employment.
Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English. Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel are needed.