Job Description: Server & Systems Engineer
PJ Networks is a fast growing technology managed services provider seeking an individual to provide support for clients in Albemarle, Greene, and surrounding Counties. The ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, installing, and maintaining the design and integrity of a client’s internal network, including network security for hardware and software. Server & Systems Engineers are assigned a portfolio of clients and work closely with remote monitoring staff and the Director of Operations to ensure that clients receive world class service. Candidates should enjoy not only technical problem solving, but working with clients to improve their technical operations and ultimately their business success. Engineers at PJ Networks are responsible for maintaining great relationships with our client points of contact. Benefits include paid vacation and sick time, health and dental insurance, and a retirement plan.
About PJ Networks: Since 2005, PJ Networks has been providing professional IT support for business clients in Central Virginia. Our clients are mainly small to medium sized organizations with diverse environments. We provide our clients with managed IT services, cloud solutions, and strategic technology consulting. Our mission is to enhance the value and success of our clients’ businesses by providing superior, client-focused IT services and solutions.
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Previous consulting or MSP experience is highly desirable
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Server 2008 / 2012 with current Microsoft certifications or willingness to commit to obtaining one or more certification within 90 days of hire
- Experience with desktop computer support, including familiarity with all versions of Microsoft operating systems, through Windows 2016
- Experience administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange 2010 / 2013 and Office 365
- Experience configuring and managing firewalls and switches, including setup of VLANs, NAT rules, VPN tunnels, etc.
- Experience with data backup and disaster recovery software
- Experience with VMWare, Linux, VOIP phone systems, and Cisco hardware is a plus, but not required.
A positive attitude, good communication skills and a team mentality are absolutely required. Candidate must be willing to commute to and from client sites (and have own, dependable transportation), as well as occasionally work after hours or weekends, as necessary.
PJ Networks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.