Ensures that repairs are performed correctly, efficiently and safely by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
Ensures that all repairs are assigned to technicians properly trained to perform specific repairs.
Understands and ensures compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
Checks progress of each repair order throughout the day.
Provides technical support for technicians when necessary.
Monitors shop condition, including cleanliness, safety, and the condition of shop equipment.
Monitors technicians' daily productivity reports
Other duties may be assigned.
Maintains high-quality service repairs and minimizes comebacks. Conducts periodic spot checks of completed jobs for thoroughness and quality.
Road tests vehicles to quality-check work performed.
Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
Reports problems to the service manager or dealer.
Ensures the proper care, storage, and inventory of special tools.
Assists technicians in developing their skills.
Fills in for service advisor
Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Two to four year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write correspondence.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to write business correspondence.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of practical problems
The Peterbilt Store New England LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled