Abita Brewing Company is seeking a Sales Account Manager for the Chicago market. We are currently looking for an outgoing, energetic, craft beer enthusiast to join our team. Abita’s Account Manager is an account-level salesperson focused on growing the business within specified accounts. The primary responsibilities of the Sales Account Manager are to develop the market and build a relationship with the distributors.
Market Development & Account Development:
- Acts as the face of the brewery in the market charged with “spreading the ABC love” by sharing ABC’s story and business role model philosophy.
- Manages the growth and development of ABC brands in a defined geography of key accounts while ensuring that ABC’s brand integrity is never compromised.
- Builds strong partnerships with all top accounts on and off-premise and establishes a win/win approach to growing the retailers business.
- Performs regular business reviews with the top 10 on-premise accounts.
- Ensures that ABC is growing share over top craft competitors in accounts by ensuring that ABC’s market brand standards are in place in at least 90% of the top accounts. This means making ABC the #1 craft beer (at least during ABC focus periods) in terms of distribution, displays & features, and POS impact and amount of retail ad support.
- Responsible for operating within budget parameters.
- Works to identify and execute local promotions, events, and donation opportunities.
- Know pricing, programming, and trends of ABC products plus general knowledge of what the top five craft and import beer competitors in the market are doing.
- Enters accurate, relevant account data into Sales Force.
- Average weeks should include 50 current account visits or account prospects.
- Serves as Abita Brewing Company’s contact person on a daily level for all or part of a distributorship or group of distributors in an area.
- Builds true partnerships at distributorship by adding more value than competitors through individual contributions as well as the use of sales systems, brand knowledge, brand support tools, and a generally good-natured way of doing business that is uniquely Abita Brewing Company. Should become recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps. And if it isn’t fun, it isn’t right.
- Prepares and conducts sales presentations several times a year for distributor sales force or sales team presenting new products, ABC programs, incentives, new sale tools, brand and quality standards, etc.
- Coordinates distributor beer and POS inventories, billing and credits, all ABC communication needs, and updates ABC distributor profiles.
- Helps keep distributor spending under budget.
- Updates distributor market profile annually.
- Works with key salespeople and key distributor managers a minimum of once a week.
- 2-3 years as a rising star in some type of sales, management or customer relations job.
- Must have a high aptitude for learning.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be a great people connector.
- Must love, love, love good beer.
- Experience or understanding of distributor workings and key account contacts are always a plus.
- Requires basic computer competency in word, excel, and e-mail.
- Must be eager to learn, to grow, to manage chaos and to create fun. And then want to do it all over again in a way that people will remember.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled