Summary/Purpose of Position:
Coordinate and Supervise care coordination, case planning, individual service activity and required documentation for assigned foster families and children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct Intake and Discharge Procedures for foster children.
- Monitor adjustment, well-being, and progress of children in placement on your caseload.
- Meet with children and foster parents at least once face to face each month and contact regularly as needed to advocate for and assist children with placement issues, behaviors, plan of care goals, and progress.
- Ensures that Foster parents are meeting all licensing and contract regulations.
- Conduct staffings with participating agencies, staff, youth, and families as required for service delivery.
- Ensure Family involvement, visitation with the child/youth’s family of origin, unless prohibited by the court.
- Miracle Hill agency liaison with the referring agencies, local schools, community resources and providers. This includes a working relationship with SCDSS caseworkers, Guardian ad Litems, Therapists, Mentors, Biological families, and relatives.
- Complete Documentation and update before deadlines including care plans, progress information and maintain child files as required by the agency and regulatory standards (Safety plans, Individual Service Plans, progress notes and other required documentation for the child’s file).
- Adherence to all regulatory standards and Miracle Hill Ministries policies.
- Prepare critical incident reports and submit them to DSS staff.
- Will be assigned rotation in on-call rotation and will respond to crises or emergency situations. Assistance with the crisis situation may require a face to face home visit.
- Advocate for children and assist children and foster parents with behavioral interventions, placement stability and success for youth.
- Assist with investigating allegations of abuse/neglect relating to MH foster parents as requested by Director.
- Assist in goal achievement for individual service plans.
- Have a willingness to share the good news of Jesus Christ, give a personal testimony and pray with/for those served by the ministry.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position has responsibility for supervising foster parents and their license.
- Education or equivalent experience: A Master's degree in social work or other related areas of study and one year of experience working with the population served; or a Bachelor's degree in social work or other related areas of study and two years of experience working with the population served. Closely related fields acceptable in meeting these qualifications include social work, counseling, psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and recreational therapy.
- Specialized training required: CPR/First Aid, Behavior intervention, medication administration training, trauma-informed training, prudent parenting training. Provided by Miracle Hill upon hire if not current.
- Other: Ability to deal with highly stressful situations and persons who may be stressed. Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying various procedures and guidelines. Training in providing services to children/youth exhibiting medical, developmental and/or behavior problems and in a supervisory role of those caring for children.
Licenses or Certifications: Must become Certified Adoptions Specialist within 6 months
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.