Summary/Purpose of Position: The Care Coordinator is responsible for providing support to the Miracle Hill residential program related to intake processes and case management responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Coordination of intake processes for young men’s ministries.
- Serve as a liaison with SC DSS related to requests for placement in young men’s ministry facilities.
- Respond to placement request phone calls. Gather information related to placement requests to staff with the program manager for a decision. Process resident admissions and do any required follow-up to gather necessary information from caseworkers and other interested parties to assure comprehensive care is provided.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all files, accountability records, and forms.
II. Care Coordination and Case Management for assigned caseload
- Oversee intake, assessment, ongoing care, and discharge planning to ensure that all assigned youth are treated with dignity and respect, receive appropriate intervention and support while in our care, and have appropriate aftercare and support through the transition out of care.
- Will assist the program manager in ensuring budgeted intake goals are met.
- Oversee care coordination in preparing and monitoring the Comprehensive Care Plans as well as monthly documentation.
- Will work with the referring organization to ensure family engagement is provided to children in our care.
- Develop and maintain relationships with DSS and other referral agencies that may provide services necessary to properly meet the needs of clients.
- Work with other assigned staff to ensure all necessary documentation is completed and filed for each resident.
- Maintain files in such a manner that the program is always prepared for regulatory inspections.
- Ensure progress toward established programmatic outcomes including maintenance and reporting of data detailing the program’s achievement of established contract goals.
III. Supervisory and On-Call Responsibilities
- Provide on-call support to the program manager including participation in the on-call rotation, coverage of vacations, etc.
- Coach and lead staff in the use of TCI and other applicable child care principles.
- Ensure good stewardship in the use of all resources available to the Ministry.
IV. Other Duties
- As necessary, represent Miracle Hill Ministries before governmental entities, contributors and the general public through tours, speaking engagements, and public forums.
- Other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Education or equivalent experience: a Master's degree in social work or other related areas of study and one year of experience in the management or supervision of child care personnel, a child care program and/or a closely related field; or a Bachelor's degree in social work or other related areas of study and two years of experience in the management or supervision of child care personnel, a child care program or a closely related field. Closely related fields acceptable in meeting these qualifications include social work, counseling, psychology, sociology, criminal justice, and recreational therapy.
- License/Certification: Certification in applicable behavioral support and program models within one year of hire.
- Other: Will have a satisfactory criminal history and background check determination. (Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry check, Sex Offenders Registry check, Motor Vehicle Registration check, and a satisfactory determination or preliminary records check application.) Excellent oral and written communication skills. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Knowledge of best practice in residential care preferred. Experience working as a member of a collaborative team.
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.