ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS OFFERING A $500 SIGN ON BONUS
The Head Brewer assists the Brew Master in all operations related
to the brewing process. This position
will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure
production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited
- Responsible for all areas of brewing, cellaring,
tank cleaning, filtering and yeast management
- Responsible for milling,
mashing, lautering, wort boiling, and transferring to fermenter
- Responsible for transferring
beer to serving vessels including, but not limited to, brite tanks, kegs, cans
- Maintaining the use of
standard operating procedures to ensure the beer is produced consistently,
free of defects, true to style and of the highest quality
- Assist with procurement of
raw materials and other inventory items as it relates to the brewing
- Monitor water quality,
gravities, temperatures, and carbonations.
- Stay current with
developing beer styles and propose new beer recipes
- Provide leadership for the
brewery staff through education and training
- Assist QA staff with
collecting samples for lab analysis
- Work with brewery staff to
ensure a clean and safe work environment is maintained at all times
The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without
- Flexible to work a rotating schedule as business
needs arise (typical work week = 45 hours).
- Position requires standing for long periods of
time (up to 12 hours), bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and
materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, upper body
and arm rotation, arm extension, and climbing ladders.
- Very high noise levels in/around bottling line
(ear protection required when in that area).
- Exposure to various temperature changes.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective
Equipment (ear plugs, gloves, boots, etc.).
Supervision of Others
This position does not require
any management responsibilities.
- Degree in Brewing Science or Technology is
preferred, but not required.
- Brewing experience in a production brewery is
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety
policies and procedures.
- Attention to details, ability to recognize when
there is a problem.
- Love, appreciation and knowledge of beer,
including a familiarity with the craft brewing industry and with beer styles.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
ABITA BREWING COMPANY IS AN EOE.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled