This position assists the Golf Bar and Grill Attendant in the clubhouse and utilizes the motorized cart for course sales of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Assists the Golf Bar and Grill Attendant in clubhouse serving alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food items such as hot dogs, sandwiches, snack, etc.
· Check guest for proper identification when serving alcohol adhering to state and local liquor laws, sanction, and safety policies
· Tabulate and charge customers for orders; document and reconcile inventory, operate computerized cash register, and handle cash
· Maintain a clean workspace that meets health department standards
· Perform set up and arrangements for events. Review stock items and replenish supplies. Take down motorized cart by putting food, beverages, and supply items in storage
· Return cart and report any changes in the condition of cart to supervisor
· Perform other duties as required
The District operates multiple locations. Depending on business needs, work may involve assignments or responsibilities at other golf courses or facilities within the District.
Education and Experience Required
Additional Information: Must be 21 years of age or older at time of hire.
Hours: March 6 - Nov. 30; 25-30 hours per week during the golf season. Actual schedule of work is on an as-needed basis. Scheduled days and hours may vary and pause from time to time, or recur at regular intervals based on events and business operation needs. Scheduled days may include weekend and holidays, based on customer traffic and business needs.
Related Experience: One(1) year experience as a bartender/server in a bar, restaurant, or hospitality industry at a high-volume establishment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Special training or other license, certification,etc.: Possession of the Beverage Alcohol Sellers and Servers Education and Training (BASSET) program certification within 30 days of employment - will train if necesary; ability to obtain the Illinois Food Handler Training and Certification within 30 days of employment; CPR/1st Aid - will train if necessary; must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills In: Dealing effectively with the public; communicating effectively, verbally and in writing; interpreting rules and regulations; and keeping neat and accurate records.
On boarding/Training Requirements:
Criminal Background Check
Driver’s License Check
Mandated Reporter – Abused and Neglected Child Reporting
National Sex Offender Registry Check
CPR/1st Aid Training
Application: Candidates must complete the application process in its entirety, including the Pre-Screen Questions, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included, but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Equal Employment Policy: As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County complies with Federal, State, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment. The Forest Preserve District makes all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sex (wages), genetics, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, retaliation, or other unlawful considerations.