Summary / Purpose of Position: This position’s primary responsibility is to ride in truck assisting driver over the assigned route to deliver stock to thrift stores, complete donor pick-ups, and service donation centers and efficiently prepare and price donated goods and neatly display them on the sales floor in an organized fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load and unload donations from trucks.
- Treat all customers and employees with respect and care.
- Receive donations from donors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensure that all donated goods are properly stored and secured in the truck before the truck moves.
- Display priced goods on the sales floor in a neat and organized fashion.
- Perform daily housekeeping duties such as sweeping, cleaning, and dusting.
- Projects ministry values and philosophy to clients, donors and ministry employees
- Have a willingness to share the good news of Jesus Christ, give a personal testimony and pray with/for those served by the ministry
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Have the ability to work on one’s feet for an entire shift
- Lift and move 50-100 pounds of donations on a regular basis
- Be able to operate a pallet jack and move larger loads with the jack
- Reach to the bottom of Gaylord box
Core Attributes and Expectations:
- Display a Christ-centered life demonstrated by a willingness to show acceptance and serve others.
- Work efficiently and manage time in order to meet production needs as well as other assigned tasks.
- Show motivation and ability to take initiative in daily tasks and operations.
- Exhibit good work habits in attendance and punctuality.
- Treat customers and co-workers in a kind, respectful, and professional manner.
- Show respect for the integrity of the workplace through honesty and responsibility.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and an openness to new ideas and changes.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
- Education or equivalent experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred but not required
- Years of experience: 1 year
- Specialized training required: N A
- License/Certification: NA
As an evangelical Christian ministry, Miracle Hill values its rights under federal law to hire individuals who share the Christian faith and the ministry’s doctrinal beliefs.
To be considered for employment, ALL APPLICANTS MUST read and agree with our Doctrinal Statement and Employment Qualifications.